Forums

Mega Church Pastor Comes Out

Page: 1

November 15, 2010, 17:33

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 15, 2010, 18:06

Good for Jim! I thought he’d already come out or maybe I saw him previously and suspected?

Anyway, wishing Jim all the best.

4JC

Joined in 2007
November 17, 2010, 07:02

Things like this always caught my attention. Because I’m not ready to come out. Interesting story of that pastor.

http://www.livestream.com/bishopjimswilley/video?clipId=flv_c06fb65a-d284-4545-8237-775df11a2819&utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=ui-play&utm_campaign=click-bait&utm_content=bishopjimswilley

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 17, 2010, 08:57

that is quite a long video 4JC……what did you find most helpful about it.

if you give us a few more details then it might help others to know if they should sit down and watch if for an hour or so.

thanks.

4JC

Joined in 2007
November 18, 2010, 03:59

del.

4JC

Joined in 2007
November 18, 2010, 04:03

Good question

Well he explains some stuff about his life and his experience of being gay and having a call and anointing on his life. God used him with his gay feelings as a married men, father. He said he believed Jonathan in the bible was gay (not David). Besides this the bible mention not more about being gay than this post.

Can be boring for some people. But for me it is one more (know) pastor who (i didn’t know) steps forward. It can open peoples eyes in the church there is a attitude and view about gay people is not complete right. The most people have a immoral view about a gay lifestyle.

The pastor is experiencing rejection and acceptance. People are confused and they feel betrayed and by there reaction that they complete reject a friend pastor. (both sides are hurt)

I hope it brings more understanding and conversation in the global Church. I expect that there are more coming forward. The suicides forced him to be true to the people.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 20, 2010, 14:11

thanks……that was most helpful 4JC……seems like it was really beneficial for you in many ways.

Interesting the comment he made about David and Jonathan……thought I’d heard everything…….not that one though

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
November 20, 2010, 15:12

interesting the comment he made about David and Jonathan……thought I’d heard everything…….not that one though

What was this comment? Anything you haven’t heard before must be interesting. And I don’t have time for the hour long video.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 20, 2010, 20:13

Hey Mr Summit

4JC wrote:

He said he believed Jonathan in the bible was gay (not David).

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.