Forums

My Story.

Page:   1 2

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 30, 2012, 17:36

Thanks for clarifying that, Dave. 🙂 I look forward to hearing more from you. Happy New Year! 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
December 30, 2012, 18:49

Wow Dave, from what you have shared so far I think you are incredible. You have been able to rise above any negative comments and sufferings you have had in your life. I can empathize with the loss of your beautiful dog shadow. I lost my dog of 14 years several years ago, her name was Cassie but I often used to call her "My girl" in a house hold of males me and her had to stick together 🙂 She was beautiful and very much part of our family. I still miss her deeply. I have very fond memories of her and the antics she used to get up to, that brings a smile to my face. We often talk about how Cassie did this or that. At the moment the pain of losing Shadow is still pretty raw, over time you will be able to think of her without the pain :).

Small world we have family in Port Macquarie and in Wauchope. My sister in law owns a pizza shop there.

I love your mantra and I love that you have stayed with the words than have power for you 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing part of your journey with us. It's fantastic that you have the support of your children and friends. Keep being you 🙂

God Bless

Just Dave

Joined in 2012
December 31, 2012, 01:42

Thank you Mother Hen,

I always referred to Shadow as My Darling & when I when I was talking to her I used terms like Gorgeous Girl & Sexy Dog and other endearing names. Shadow was my constant companion, she was beside me through 2 divorces & from the beginning of July 2 2008 until she passed away on June 3 2012 we were only apart for 5 nights. 2 nights when I had to go to Coffs Harbour in Oct 2008 & 3 nights in December 2008 when she had an emergency operation to save her life. The Vet told me after her operation that she only had 12 – 18 months to live at the max. Shadow & I proved the Vet wrong & she lived for another 3 years & 6 months. I often remarked that Shadow was an anchor in my life, she was an Angel in Dog Form. I have countless photos of her & my favourite photo ( Taken 26/1/2011 ) Photo above is also the same photo that is the wall paper on my computer & also on my Face Book Page.

There 2 pizza shops on Wauchope, one in Brandson St & the other in Cameron St. I usually buy from the one in Brandson St when we get pizzas.

Cheers,

Dave

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
December 31, 2012, 11:17

Beautiful Dave. Labs are wonderful faithful dogs, make awesome companions. You will have some beautiful memories and photos of her 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 31, 2012, 11:36

Hi Dave

Love your photo of Shadow. She does look like an angel. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Just Dave

Joined in 2012
December 31, 2012, 12:56

Thank you Ladies,

Shadow was devoted to me as I was to her. She had her bed beside mine so I could lay there & my hand would rest on her. We would often sleep like that, just touching her gave me a sense of peace. Even in the last 2 weeks of her life when her legs had given out completely & I knew that her time was short, I was totally devoted to her. I would carry her outside so she could go to the toilet & then place her on her Day Bed in the shade. I made sure that she had plenty of fluids & food & it was only on the night that we had moved into our new home that she stopped drinking & eating. Some people reckon that it was the move that caused that but I know that wasn't the case. Shadow & I had made similar moves before without it affecting her appetite & she loved her food. She knew her time was getting close as did I.

Cheers,

Dave

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.051 seconds.