Forums

need or calling?????

Page:   1 2

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 25, 2009, 14:43

I pose a question to you lovely people

Does one start an endeavour, and the one posed to me, is a fairly big one, purely from the ‘calling to do so’ or because there is a ‘need’?

All opinions greatly appreciated.

iamthenormal

Joined in 2009
August 25, 2009, 16:56

I think an an endevour begins because of a need, but continues because the person attempting to complete the task is called/suited to supplying whatever people need.

I hope that makes sense.

It did in my head.

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
August 25, 2009, 17:31

there are so many needs throughout our planet. be it starving kids in africa, homeless people in our cities or single parents struggling to survive. If we are meant to respond to every need presented to us then it would be physically and mentally draining as well as financially. That is why I feel you not only need to be called but chosen (matt 22:14).

We are always called to the needs of our community and afar, But God had a plan and a purpose that he has chosen especially for us. anyone can give $5 to a hungry child. but can you talk to that family and help them spiritually? can you take that child under your wind and love and nurture that child to grow into the adult god called him/she to be? I know i couldnt as that isnt in my strengths. But there is someone out there that god has called to fulfil that role. There is always me there to fulfil a small need (donating $5) but there needs to be someone called to fulfil that greater need.

Son in answer to your question, If you feel this is going to be a long term mission then you need to make sure God is calling you to take it on. If your not called and you take it on, you will last a few years at most, then burn yourself out and fade away into the background (as i have seen many a new pastor do pioneering a church). If God has called you to do it, then he will give you the strengh to see it to the end, or until you can pass on your mantle to someone else to carry on your mission.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 26, 2009, 20:50

An interesting thing happened to me tonight.

I went to the local QAHC (Queensland Association of Health Communities) meeting which in a nutshell is a GLBTI government funded health education and intervention organistion that does its best to promote and support the GLBTI community.

At the end of the meeting a woman came up to me. I did not know her, and she had arrived late and had not talked to anyone about me. She came to me and asked straight out if there was a gay/lesbian christian group. I thought she had been sent to me by someone who knew of my past, but she hadn’t. This, added to enquiries and suggestions made to me at uni, as well as by my own children and other friends and people i know locally and in Brisbane over many many months has caused me to ask the question I asked here.

I have no intention of starting a GLBTI church but I am going to see if there is interest locally (Sunshine Coast) for a regular gathering/group for christians, post christians and other interested parties.

I handed out a lot of pamphlets and talked to alot of people at our last Pride day here about Freedom2b. I am not sure how many actually signed on as a result?

I hope this does not seem like an exodus or rebellion from Freedom2b, it is meant to be the opposite. I see that a local, on the ground, people to people group may be what is needed, at least in part.

So if anyone knows of locals on or near the Sunshine Coast that are not on this site, and would like to possibly be involved in a local group, please tell them they can contact me.

Tez

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
August 26, 2009, 21:59

I think its a bit of both … a calling and a need … you have to be sure you will able to handle all the stuff that comes with organising and/or running the endeavour in question … analysing, planning, researching, documenting, questioning, reviewing etc …

Maybe this is slightly off-topic a bit, but I would love to see a regular monthly Chapter meeting of Freedom2b[e] in the Sunshine State 😀 so I could fly up to see all you lovely folks 8) …

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 26, 2009, 22:29

i’ve heard it preached the need is not the call. I think that is garbage. Try telling that to the man who is starving while I eat two sandwiches.

if there is a need and you can meet it then do it.

I can’t meet al the needs in the world….I can end the death of 30,000 children who die of starvation every day but I can sponsor a child or two. I can’t take in every AIDS orphan or look after every homeless person but I can give the person in the street a few coins or cigarette when they ask.

I’m not called to save the world….just to make a difference where i can.

Maybe Tez you should think about being the freedom 2 b[e] contact point on the Sunshine Coast. Point 4 http://www.freedom2b.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3719

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 27, 2009, 07:59

yeh i could do that A

it is not as if you will want my money

i have none lol

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 27, 2009, 13:54

no money involved……just a heart to serve and a desire to do what we can to make sure people dont spent years in unnecessary suffering like we have.

I’ll email you some details so you know what is involved.

All leaders in F2B abide by a code of ethics and guidelines.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 27, 2009, 14:19

sounds fair

Jayindieburg

Joined in 2008
September 3, 2009, 00:50

I have to agree with Anthony on this one. See a need fill it!!! And you can only fill the need if you have the ability to do so. Sounds like to me Tez that you have seen the need and your willing to fill the need. I think that that is what a calling is….seeing a need and having a desire to fill the need and not just seeing and desiring but actually being down in the trenches and working and filling the need. May God be with you as you fulfill your calling.

Love, Hugs, and Jesus,

Jay

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.065 seconds.