Forums

Need Some Advice

Page:   1 2 3 4

Amila

Joined in 2012
August 15, 2012, 02:15

Quote from Ann Maree on August 14, 2012, 7:42 am

Hi Amila

That's fantastic news! I'm so pleased for you and imagine that must be such a relief. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Can you tell us more?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

I am planning on doing a youtube vid… but didnt actually get to doing it yet.. but will do one about the whole process and post it here ok? 🙂

Once again.. Thank you all of you… I love you guys so much… God Bless you…

Amila

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 15, 2012, 07:31

Hi Amila

Excellent! I look forward to seeing the youtube piece.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

sarab

Joined in 2011
August 17, 2012, 22:07

Thinking of you Amila – what a lot has been going on for you – so good to hear that your careful thinking and planning and thoughtfulness has reaped rewards – hope everything continues positively for you.

Sarab

Amila

Joined in 2012
August 24, 2012, 06:08

Hello Everyone,

Im sorry for being a bit silent, there's been quite a bit going on, on my side… So this is what exactly happened when I came out to my parents…

I gave the letter to my dad and told him that I wrote something I felt like telling them and that I wanted them to read it. He immediately asked me if this will make them sad. I responded saying that I hope not.. 😉

That night we went to sleep ( I couldnt sleep much cause I was super nervous ) and that night they had read the letter and in the morning dad sent me a text saying that we will discuss everything in the night.

When he came back Mum dad n I had a conversation about the whole letter. Dad said at first that this is not new to him and that I neednt write essays to him to tell him about it, he also said that he believes that this is a psychological matter and that I should remain open minded about it and not label my self as yet.. he also said that he will be open minded about it and that we will continue to talk and read about this matter and that at the end if I am gay he would still be proud of who I was cause his two sons were the world to him…

In the coming days mum and dad treated me like they normally treated me nothing was different. It was so awesome.. 🙂

Then last sunday we went to a psychiatrist cause dad felt that this was a matter that needed to be handled professionally. When we went the psychiatrist told us that we've handled it quite well and that at the end of the day that I should choose the path that makes me happy and that I shouldnt let this make me neglect other things in my life and that the answer will dawn on me…. 🙂

Today i watched "Prayers for bobby" with my parents and we had another long conversation. I explained to dad that this is not just psychological and that I really dont see that change is possible.. i shared many things from my past and mum n dad shared alot too… At the end mum told me that what ever it is to feel free to come and let them know.. that communication is so important…

The bad part of the story is that my best friend has now taken the stand that he is not going to accept this and that he is standing firm on the grounds that homosexuality is a sin.. I went to meet his spiritual mentors and had a conversation since I was actually wondering what they had to say and was wondering if change was actually possible (since my dad asked me to be open minded to things ). After I spoke to the pastor he prayed for me.. I felt so wonderful but when I came home I felt a big block between me and God… I couldnt pray for days.. I didnt knw wht to do until we went to the psychiatrist and he told me the things ive said above.. I told myself that I wouldnt let anything come between my relationship with God.. So I told God that im gonna accept this and continue to live for His glory. I feel so much peace now… I've not broken this news to my best friend but when I do i knw its not gonna be nice…

I wanna thank all of you who prayed, and helped me out in this whole situation and would ask for your continual prayers on my life…

Lots of love,

God Bless you guys

Amila

P.S I couldnt do a youtube vid cause my best friend would see it and then his mentors and things could get nasty.. sorry.. 🙁

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 24, 2012, 07:45

Hi Amila

Wow – you're doing so well. 🙂 The psychiatrist was right and so are you. You are the way you are so why not be your best you with acceptance and joy. 🙂 The fact that you feel peace as a result of making that decision says a lot. This is one of the fruits of the spirit afterall.

Regarding your best friend, can you have some space from him as a way to protect yourself from negativity? You've gone through a lot so probably need the break. I mean, he's entitled to his opinion but maybe he can quietly have that away from you? I recommend you be with those who uplift and encourage rather than those who judge.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Amila

Joined in 2012
August 25, 2012, 04:04

Quote from Ann Maree on August 24, 2012, 7:45 am

Regarding your best friend, can you have some space from him as a way to protect yourself from negativity? You've gone through a lot so probably need the break. I mean, he's entitled to his opinion but maybe he can quietly have that away from you? I recommend you be with those who uplift and encourage rather than those who judge.

Ann Maree

I totally get what ur saying Ann Maree… Yeah I wont be spending time with him cause tomorrow im heading back to China… Summer break is over.. so I guess the distance from the Sri lankans would help me some what… 🙂 Thanks

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 25, 2012, 13:17

Hi Amila

OK so it sounds like the return to China will work well for you. And now you are back to study after achieving such a lot at home.

Congratulations! I'm really proud of you and hope you've given yourself a pat on the back. Coming out to family has to be one of the most difficult things. Your family sound like really good, loving people too. 🙂 All the best with your course.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Amila

Joined in 2012
August 25, 2012, 19:53

Quote from Ann Maree on August 25, 2012, 1:17 pm

Congratulations! I'm really proud of you

Thank You so much Ann Maree…. 🙂

God bless you

Amila

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.