Forums

Need Your Help!! And Lots of it!!

Page: 1

mrg

Joined in 2010
October 28, 2012, 15:24

Hi Everyone,

I know I haven't posted for a while, but I have been reading things here regularly. It's been a crazy year adjusting to post-ministry life, and then having unexpected spinal surgery, but I'm hoping the drama's are all over now!

Anyway, my "What I Would Like You to Know" project is in the process of being put into book form, but I need your help!!

I need a whole stack of extra submissions to make it more appealing to a publisher. I'm after any submissions, but would really love some from parents with LGBTI children, and children with LGBTI parents.

The website for submissions is here: http://www.mattglover.com/WIWLYTK/index.html

And you can like the FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/WIWLYTK

One last favour – if you could pass this on to all your networks I'd really appreciate it.

FYI I ran two seminars for the Christian Counsellors Association of Australia based on much of the feedback from WIWLYTK. It was very well received and was a significant step for a number of the people there.

Thanks so much!

Matt

J

Joined in 2012
October 28, 2012, 19:09

Hey Matt, whilst I can't particularly help with this submission, I did enter one just now under 'being a gay man'. I sent this:

I would like my straight minister/leader/doctor/therapist/counsellor to know that, as a gay man, I shouldn't be treated like an outcast simply because I am attracted to someone of the same sex. The very essence of who I am does not, and should not, revolve around my sexuality. Love is love – it does not discriminate. I was not sexually or physically abused as a child. I am not a pedophile, as some people claim gays are. No one has ever 'recruited' me to 'destroy marriage'. In fact all I have ever wanted is the SAME rights that straight/heterosexual couples have legally. I do not ask for special treatment. I am not mentally ill or sick. Being gay never was, and never will be, a choice. And finally, I leave you with this quote which I completely agree with by Anthony Venn-Brown. "My morality and faith are choices. My sexual orientation however isn't."

Hope that helps!

mrg

Joined in 2010
October 28, 2012, 23:13

Yep – that was perfect. Thanks Jordan!

J

Joined in 2012
October 29, 2012, 10:04

No probs 😀 glad it was of some help, and best of luck with the book!

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.061 seconds.