Forums

Page: 1

MG

Joined in 2013
June 22, 2014, 22:17

Hi All,

I am the mother to an almost 16 year old daughter who is questioning her gender. She is feeling more male than female at the moment but is still not sure for 100%. She also has an online girlfriend. I am open to everything but find the not knowing where we stand hard, it would be so easy if we could just tick a box and move on… 🙂

I am now looking for a good Christian LGBT counsellor as I think we need some guidance. If my daughter has gender dysphoria, I will make an appointment with the gender clinic in Melbourne RCH. It is all very tricky. I have not spoken to people in my environment as it is still not very accepted and I want to protect her as much as I can.

I do not want to bring it up in church as I am sure it will not be accepted. My daughter is no longer going to church as she feels very different than the people there. Can anyone recommend a good counsellor in the South East Melbourne area? Thank you so much.

MG

cheval319

Joined in 2014
June 27, 2014, 16:45

I don't know if these people are close to you, but they are in Melbourne.

http://mgacounselling.com.au/

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
June 28, 2014, 22:24

Hi MG

Welcome to f2b. 🙂

I can understand that the not knowing would be very difficult.

I think it's great that you are listening to your child and planning to contact the gender clinic at RCH.

I would also suggest you contact http://www.mgacounselling.com.au. Alternatively you can contact mrg by private message and he can tell you more about the services offered.

Another option is to contact Michelle, one of the Melbourne chapter f2b leaders, by private message and she may have some other ideas.

Let us know how you go.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

outnproud

Joined in 2011
June 30, 2014, 12:51

Thanks for being a wonderful mother, loving and supporting your child no matter what. She' is lucky to have you.

I can imagine the uncertainty you feel as she works through gender and sexual identity. Teenage years can be times of fluidity until we discover who we really are and experiment with various identities. Teenagers needs a lot of support through this time.

I recommend you try to get an appointment with Matt Glover at MGA counselling. Matt was a Baptist minister, now a counsellor who has provided a lot of support to the LGBTI community. He will understand both the issues of gender and sexuality identity and the faith issues you are facing.

And also come along to the Melbourne chapter of freedom2b- a wonderful group of people who will be able to support you and your child

Bev

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
July 3, 2014, 10:26

Hi there, yes I'm so glad she has you too. Good advice here. xo

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.081 seconds.