Forums

Not Sure what to Expect from Here

Page: 1

Bryan Chen

Joined in 2014
March 24, 2014, 02:09

Hello

I live in Perth and I have found out about my position many years ago. living in years of uncertainty was hard, and I have a hard time coping with coming to terms with myself with this.

I have successfully done it thanks to a larger forum called GCN, but as much as I love the support everyone there gives me, it's very distant since most of them are from the USA. So I wanted to find people like me from closer to home, but I'm not sure what to expect from here.

The worst thing about this is that I know that I will NEVER discuss this with my parents. They have had their issues with me countless times, and I know that this is the one thing that will blow their caps off. I am too dependent on them to do say anything. I'd love to go to that meeting you guys will have every month. the church I go to right now are passive aggressive to people like me, and I go there every week. I don't want to go back there, I get hurt so many times, it's making me emotionally numb.

Like I said, I don't know what to expect here. :S

rob7250

Joined in 2014
March 24, 2014, 18:33

hello there im new here myself im in tassie like you i am not sure what to expect but from everything i have read one can only hope that the support to share and be ourselves will be a comfort i can relate to what you mentioned about your parents i can not speak on the subject of going to church because of a disability i have its not possible at this point i hope you can find people close to you that can support you in your journey

cheval319

Joined in 2014
March 25, 2014, 21:21

I think if you look through the various discussions you'll see there is a lot of support here too. I'm sure someone could recommend a church in Perth. Try to get some person to person support too from PFLAG or an LGBT group. You need something.

You are loved.

outnproud

Joined in 2011
March 27, 2014, 15:55

Hi Bryan

I am one of the conveners of the Perth Chapter of freedom2b. You are very welcome to attend any of our chapter meetings. We meet in the community room behind the big screen in Northbridge Piazza on the first Friday of each month, 7-9 pm. Our next meeting is on Friday April 4th when our guest speaker will be Tom Sutton, a retired Anglican priest and openly gay man. He founded one of the first and largest gay friendly worship services in Perth.

There are lots of gay friendly churches in Perth so you do not need to stay in a church which is continually hurting you. Look on this website for the list of Perth gay friendly churches and choose one that is close to you and suits your style.

At freedom2b you will meet lots of others like yourself who identify as gay or lesbian and are from a church background. We all understand the struggles you are going through and will be there to support and encourage you as you work through the issues.

I really hope to meet up with you in person on April 4th.

Bev

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
March 27, 2014, 20:01

Hi Bryan

Thank you for your recent post 🙂

I'm glad Bev has already answered you about the next Perth meeting and hopefully you might be able to get along to one.

Freedom2b is a support network for people from Christian backgrounds and in saying that we are not a Christian organisation. The reason this is important is so you and others, know we are a 'safe space' We don't have an agenda to see you go to a church or leave one, that is your journey and we will respect which ever you choose 🙂

Our community is quite diverse and you may find some who identify as gay Christians, others have redefined their faith and some have walked away from their faith. As we come from Christian backgrounds we can understand some of what you may have experienced on your journey.

I wish you all the best and hope we can continue to support you as you go 🙂

Warm regards

Michelle

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 30, 2014, 16:26

Hi Bryan

A very warm welcome from me too! 🙂

Please contact Bev if you haven't already and go to their chapter meeting then let us know how you find it. They are a lovely bunch of people.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Graham Douglas-Meyer

Joined in 2009
March 31, 2014, 00:31

Bryan,

A Very Big welcome to the forum.

Like Bev I am one of the 2 convenors of the Perth Chapter of Freedom2b. It would be great to have you come along and join us at the meeting on Friday night. You will see details on the Home page of this site regarding the meeting and also the coffee/chat afterwards at U&I cafe. Please make yourself known to Bev or myself and enjoy the meeting as well.

By the way, if you haven't found it yet, the list of GLBTI welcoming and affirming churches in Perth can be found under the Support Tab above; under the heading of "Faith and Religion."

I congratulate you on taking the amazing step that you have in contacting this forum.

Remember always that you are beautifully and wonderfully made as you are. You don't have to take abuse and harm simply because of who you are. Your courage and strength has brought you to this point in your life. Well done!

Kind regards and many blessings

Graham

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
April 6, 2014, 11:37

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for the delay in saying hi and welcome to F2B, I have been very busy. As other's have said if you look around this forum you will see some stories you might be able to relate, This is an awesome safe place where you will find lots of encouragement and acceptance. If you get a chance to go to a Perth meeting I know you will find them friendly and welcoming. 🙂

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.