Forums

Post your inspirational quotes here!

Page: 1

J

Joined in 2012
July 20, 2012, 13:10

Hey everyone. I thought we could use this thread as a platform for helping us all get through hard times. Feel free to add your favourite quotes! Here are some of my faves:

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” – Dr. Seuss

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken” – Oscar Wilde

“Dreams feel real while we’re in them. It’s only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.” – Inception movie

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring” – Marilyn Monroe

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King Jr.

“He who has overcome his fears will truly be free.” – Aristotle

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." – Margaret Mead

[John 8:7] “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone”

[Proverbs 15:1] “A soft answer turneth away wrath; but a grievous word stirreth up anger”

[Matthew 10:16] “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.”

Below is a great website with thousands of quotes which may inspire or help you get through each day:

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/inspirational?page=2

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 20, 2012, 21:18

Hi Jordan

Thanks for posting these. There's certainly some great quotes there, especially the one from Dr Martin Luther King.

And here's some favourites of mine:

"This moment is perfect. Everything I need is right here in this moment." (not sure who wrote it but I remember reading it and adopting it as a powerful affirmation when I'm worrying about things).

"We are all a work in progress. Life isn't about getting everything right. It's about adapting, about learning to love the sorrows of our changing faces. Mastering and creating ourselves is a life-long task. In order to do it, we must hold fast to that enduring, abiding love that embodies the universal good." Menninger Perspectives, 1992.

"Hope is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.." Emily Dickinson

"And what is it to work with love?.. It is to charge all things you fashion with a breath of your own spirit." Kahlil Gibran

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." Jesus, vs 70 Gospel of Thomas

"Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy." Ben Franklin

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert Einstein

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Albert Einstein

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift." Albert Einstein

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson, 1992, Return to Love, p.165.

Looking forward to reading to hearing others' responses and inspirational quotes. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
July 20, 2012, 22:55

Thanks Ann Maree 😀 you have some awesome quotes too! I love the quote you mentioned from Ben Franklin in particular. I believe God wants us all to be happy too, and to achieve that happiness I think we have to discover our true selves and be 100% ok with it 🙂 After all, God wants us to be honest and open, but most importantly, be ourselves and love one another.

There was a quote somewhere I can't remember, but it was basically this in a nutshell

Darkness cannot be brought into light, but light will always prevail over darkness

I forget the exact wording but yeah I love the meaning behind it, and it's true. It makes me imagine someone going into a pitch black room with a torch, and the light overcomes the darkness. But if you go into a lit room with your hands clasped together, you know there is darkness in your hands, but once you open them you cannot see the dark because there is light, and the light takes the darkness away before you can even see it. I just love it.

Take care and I can't wait to see other quotes 😀 I must go and catch some zeds now – eek, 5 minutes away from 1 AM ha ha. I listen to music too much on YouTube >.< I'm an addict, honestly.

~Jordan

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.058 seconds.