Forums

Returning to worship - are you ready yet?

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 8, 2009, 14:45

After the trauma of leaving my old church last year, I didn’t go anywhere for about 4-5 months.

this is often the forgotten element of what we’ve been through TRAUMA.

leaving church was traumatic. the experience was traumatising. So going back into the situation brings the trauma to the surface as all the triggers are there to awaken the pain and memories……….until…..it is resolved or healed.

Some of us have somehow been able to get to that place…..others still struggle….some times I wished I had a magic wand and could whisk away the pain.

Ditte

Joined in 2009
April 15, 2009, 04:10

It has been a few years since I last went to church. I really miss it! But I love the fact that God is with me anyway nomatter where I am. He is not only in the church.. He is everywhere I go. I dont read in my bible anymore but in a way I think that God will understand. I think its better to be autentic and true to your self and believe in Christ on your own than to go to church and do ” all the right things ” but not have the heart in what you do. Im not ready to going back to church because I feel than I would copycat the others because I havent found my own identity being gay/ christian at the same time.

I miss the connection with the Holy Spirit…. I really do.. but I know that God is with me everyday and he loves me.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 15, 2009, 09:41

Maybe you could jsut try little things Ditte…….like dip you foot in the pond everynow and then instead of signing up for weekly swimming practice and being on the team.

Ditte

Joined in 2009
April 20, 2009, 07:32

Hi Avb!

It sounds like the right thing to do.. 🙂

miss_t

Joined in 2006
April 27, 2009, 19:18

hi guys.

after having a few bad experiences with a previous church, i found a really great group of people to hang out with, talk with and worship with. was a great church, more like a sort of home group set up.

but last year, the pastors split and the church kind of crumbled. i’ve found it really hard. i haven’t really found another church, it’s been 7 months. and i’ve found myself going back to the first chuch. but being very passive and sitting at the back and not sharing anything, and really not trying to.

so i’m looking for a church in melbourne. not sure if anyone knows of any good ones?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 28, 2009, 08:59

Give us some idea miss T of what you want.

theological style

worship style.

there are now a couple of Pentecostal churches in melbourne which welcome G&L people and about a dozen Baptist.

miss_t

Joined in 2006
April 28, 2009, 20:06

ah huh,

well. it was very laid back, non-denominational.

worship was just kinda guitar, djembe, maybe an egg shaker or 2 🙂

i think i may have found somewhere, called living room

we’ll see.

thanks avb 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 29, 2009, 00:08

cool….keep us updated and let us know if they would like to be listed on our site

deanmurphy

Joined in 2006
May 6, 2009, 23:15

I think I’m ready. I went to Crave MCC Paddington last Sunday. I was nervous at first but it was enjoyable. Nice people. I will be back and see how it goes.

Penny

Joined in 2008
May 7, 2009, 01:32

Was great to meet you on Sunday Dean 🙂

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.043 seconds.