Forums

Same Love

Page: 1

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 3, 2013, 18:43

Hi Everyone

I heard the song Same Love for the first time yesterday. It was on the radio a few minutes before Ben's piece on TV. I was touched by the song and thought how fitting it was. Hope you enjoy it too. 🙂

http://youtu.be/g1TBgcctcco

Blessings,

Ann Maree

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
January 4, 2013, 09:32

Its Neat – thanks for Posting !

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
January 4, 2013, 13:34

Thanks Ann Maree. Very fitting indeed.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 4, 2013, 17:25

Awesome 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 5, 2013, 18:02

Thanks for having a listen and glad you enjoyed it. 🙂 It really moves me – it's so heart felt as he talks about wanting equal rights for his uncles. Apparently it's causing much controversy in America. A very powerful song. Congrats to the artists for writing and performing it. I truly feel the love coming out of the track. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

josh911

Joined in 2013
January 15, 2013, 11:54

I love that song I heard it on triple j a few months back its great 😀

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 16, 2013, 14:22

Hi Josh

Me too. It keeps moving me when I hear it. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
January 19, 2013, 21:08

Although not my personal taste in music (not really into any form of rap), I loved the lyrics and meaning behind why the song was written. When I saw it on iTunes I had to purchase it purely because I wanted to show my support (however small my part may be).

It's now ranked 2 on the NZ iTunes store, so it's made the front page of iTunes music over here which is awesome. It could just be coincidence that it is popular right now because the 2nd reading of the Marriage (Definition of Marriage) Amendment Bill is happening in March, and that NZ'ers want to support the song to bring more awareness to it, who knows, but it feels good to try and 'bump' it up as such anyway 😛

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
January 24, 2013, 17:45

Hi all 🙂

My 14yo daughter actually drew our attention to this song and the first time we heard it we got a bit teary! It's great that my kids like it and also terrific to hear artists singing about things that are important to them <3

Share the love I say :))

Michelle

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.087 seconds.