Forums

Sauna's

Page:   1 2

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
October 9, 2009, 08:33

Been asked by a couple of people recently what I thought of these places. I have visited a couple and went there mainly with the intention of having a perve and maybe do something not too heavy. Would be interested to hear what other people think about them, especially as a Christian. I talked to one guy in the common room in one sauna who was a Mormon. Not being out, and needing sex, as we all do, he saw it as the only way for him.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
October 9, 2009, 11:26

Well personally I have never been to one.

It is an interesting subject tho, because many deny the natural sexual feelings and ‘needs’ people can have. Some people’s sexual appetites are much larger and more intense than others but in the christian world it seems this can not be addressed publicly.

Behind closed doors however ….. When I began to investigate my true feelings for men, I was alarmed and gob smacked how many married christian/church men ‘played’ with men on the side, to satisfy an inner yearning they could get no other way.

It is a a very big issue that is forever covered up.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 9, 2009, 23:16

obviously a gay male topic eh the shane……hehe

Mens sexual make up and expression is very different to womens.

I guess the question possibly is not are they okay or not…..but what a person is going for.

Its an interesting historical study…..when they came into being …why they came into being…..their rise and decline in popularity……the demographics of those who use sex on premises venues…..comparisons with similar heterosexual venues.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
October 9, 2009, 23:56

Nope, never been to one, although I’d be lying if I said the temptation hasn’t arisen on the odd occasion 😳

Yes avb, it would be an interesting research project to study the reasons for gay men visiting such premises … and compare it with hetro guys who visit ‘massage parlours’ …

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 10, 2009, 00:42

there has been some interesting research about men that go to gay sauna’s.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 10, 2009, 07:55

an interesting related article

Cruise Control

Once an unfortunate but understandable option for a beaten-down sexual minority, public sex no longer has a place in modern gay culture — as so many closeted politicians and celebs have proven.

http://www.advocate.com/printArticle.aspx?id=99108

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
October 12, 2009, 01:19

My belief is this kind of behavior is the natural result of people trying to suppress gay people. They will have sex, obviously, and if you don’t let them do it in committed marriage relationships, they will find other outlets. This does not mean that gay people are in anyway worse morally than straight people – being gay is not a choice so without looking at any other information they are equal in moral standing. I imagine if straight people were placed in the same scenario, the result would not be much different. My hope is that as the church and the general populace become more accepting of gay people, we’ll see this kind of behavior drop as they feel their love for each other is more accepted by society.

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
October 12, 2009, 11:13

Very true about it being a gay topic AVB. There are so many so I’m hoping that I can put some more up and get some good discussion going.

I guess all the guys in these places were there for different reasons, some married guys, some who can’t be bothered picking up in a bar. Like I said I went for the perve factor, but I actually think that these places are becoming more popular, even though society is becoming a bit more liberal. It can sometimes be a case of married guys who are same sex attracted but still wanting to get with guys…kinda like having your cake and eating it to. This kind of raises another topic of whether or not same sex attraction can develop after someone gets married.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 12, 2009, 11:43

I often wonder if sex on premises venues attract (generally speaking) closeted bi-sexual men, closeted married men, gay men with sexual addictions, people who want more secretive sex than being seen in a bar, stressed out people who need a quick fix, some who don’t want intimacy just sex, some who are looking for love in all the wrong places.

if this is the case then I guess we need to ask ourselves am I in one of those catagories……if not…then we can ask the question…do I really need to go.

what do you think.

sman

Joined in 2009
October 12, 2009, 15:20

Hey I wanna add my 2 cents. When working in the CBD years ago I used Gay Saunas on a very regular basis. What I always loved about it was how no one really talks. So after a while I began to go there, (Not for sex) just to see if I could start a conversation with anyone. I had a few times where people chatted… but most of the time people would smile and walk away. Basically most people attend because they want sex. I haven’t been to one in about 2 years it was a very lonely thing to do a lot of the time. Unless you had mates go with you. I however didnt have any Gay mates who wanted to come with me.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.