Forums

Shame, Connection, Worthiness and Vulnerability.....how does this video relate to you

Page:   1 2

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 16, 2011, 15:20

Hi again

And yes, that which makes us vulnerable does make us beautiful. We show our most real sides then and people tend to want to draw closer.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 16, 2011, 18:01

I guess one of my most significant experiences I have ever had with vulnerability was in writing my autobiography.

I knew I had to be honest and make sure it was a ‘tell all’…….the reader can tell if the writer is holding something back and raises questions that will never be answered. They finish the book feeling ripped off.

So I talked openly about my sexual addiction, stupid decisions, weaknesses, hypocrisy and things I am was not proud of doing. I revealed my shame. I remember when I received the first hard copy and opened it up. The page was on a particularly revealing passage and suddenly it hit me. OMG…..what have i done. I can’t take this back. I have now made all this public for people to judge and condemn me. TALK ABOUT FEELING VULNERABLE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O :O :O :~ :~ :~ 🙁 🙁 🙁

Can you imagine telling the whole world your inner most secrets and experiences you have never shared with even your closests friends and family members.

What I didn’t realise of course at that time was the profound impact this honesty might have on others.

Then the emails began literally pouring into my inbox. Many began with “Thank you so much for your honesty……your story is my story” ……..and in the rest of the email they poured out their hearts to me about their own experiences for the very first time……which began a healing for them. So in being completely honest I created a space for others to face their demons.

out of that has come so much eg Freedom 2 b[e] …and many, many other things …..and as they say….the rest is history.

and taught me that WHEN WE CHOOSE TO LIVE AUTHENTICALLY WE CHIP AWAY AT OTHERS PRISONS OF PRETEND AND GIVE THEM THE COURAGE TO WALK OUT INTO FREEDOM! 🙂 😀

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 16, 2011, 21:49

That talk really packs a punch, AVB. Thank you for sharing it. I was really spellbound, and a little bit tearful in parts and I’m going to share it with my facebook followers as well.

I liked where she said that “We numb…” and that when we numb the discomfort, we also numb the joy and happiness and the good things that come from vulnerability.

Great talk.

Boi70

Joined in 2007
January 17, 2011, 06:47

This was pretty amazing stuff. There were so many good points i.e. Shame = fear of disconnection & numbing ourselves from negatives feelings also numbs from joy. I am going to keep reflecting on this, and probably rewatch it too. 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 17, 2011, 18:30

yep….I thought that what she said about numbing was pretty interesting. I know that when I was hiding ….or should I say trying to hide my sexuality……..I wasn’t allowing myself to feel……for fear that I might lose control.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.052 seconds.