Forums

Stepping Down from Moderator Position

Page:   1 2 3

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 30, 2014, 20:33

Hi Everyone

Firstly I would to thank you all for the privilege of being an active part of the community at freedom 2 be since 2008 and in the capacity as Moderator for the online community here during the past 4-5 years. However due to increasing work commitments, it has now come to the time when I need to announce that I will be stepping down from my position as Moderator at f2b by the end of January 2015.

Some of you will already know that my happy and fortunate introduction to f2b occurred after watching 'The Hack' and seeing Ben speak so positively about his experience as both a Christian and gay man. At the time, I had been working at integrating my spirituality and sexuality but was discouraged and hurt after being rejected by a couple of churches and was feeling quite alone and without a sense of community. I was looking for support and when I heard Ben speak openly from the heart about his life and faith, I felt encouraged to make contact with The Hack and f2b. I had never done anything like that before but am glad I did as this was the beginning of a great connection with f2b.

I received so much support, acceptance and understanding that I was able to gradually open up by sharing my own story and listen to others' stories. I found that both the shared and different experiences helped me grow in myself, and at the same time, I have been privileged to witness the growth in others as they have shared something of their journeys here too.

The support and sense of community I received motivated me to volunteer as a moderator. I felt compelled to give back to this community by encouraging and instilling hope just as others had done for me.

I have been especially moved by the courage that many have shown in being open about their sexuality, making positive choices that have allowed them to live more freely and fully as themselves. Many difficult stories have had positive endings despite painful struggles along the way and these stories have inspired myself and many others along our own paths. I have seen again and again that sexuality and faith can definitely be integrated positively and those in the LGBTI community can live rich and fulfilled lives. And no matter how despairing things may seem at times, there is always hope and support available to help turn situations around.

So I would like to thank you for all your stories and contributions at f2b and encourage anyone who would like to moderate to feel free to contact myself or Michelle.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

mrg

Joined in 2010
December 30, 2014, 22:46

You've been incredible as our moderator and have helped make it all it is today. Not just in the sense of moderating stuff, but also in the words of advice and support you've offered so many. Thank you.

Glad to hear that life in the real world is going well, but will miss your input here – please keep dropping in occasionally!

Regards,

Matt

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 31, 2014, 22:13

Thanks for your kind words, Matt. 🙂 I will definitely keep dropping in here.

Hope you are well.

And Happy New Year to you and to all at f2b! 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 5, 2015, 14:13

Hi Ann Maree,

It has been an incredible blessing for me personally to interact with you on this forum and privately. You have enriched my life and so many others on this forum. You have shown wisdom beyond your years and have inspired, encouraged, strengthened and given hope to so many here who have struggled in one way or another. Through your words of truth and wisdom I have seen the transformation in peoples' lives at f2b. You will be so missed by everyone and by me; we are all better people for knowing you.

Please make sure you pop in and contribute when you can. 🙂

May God bless you in everything you do. Love, peace and blessing to you xx

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 6, 2015, 11:15

Ann Maree you have been amazing. I remember when we first asked you to take on the role of chief moderator back in January 2011 I believe…..but of course you had been very active for some time previous to this as a joint moderator….soon after you joined actually..

Having initially set up the forum, encouraged people to join and participate and moderated it, I am fully aware of the hours of dedication that goes into this work. Encouraging others to share the load has not always been easy.. Over the years we have seen moderators come and go. You definitely stand out as an exceptional person.

It takes great skill to settle down the wild ones and encourage those who are feeling weak and despairing but your efforts have ensured that the online forum has maintained something which is quite unique, and also our goal in the online faith/sexuality space……a safe, respectful, supportive and encouraging space. It's a community we can all be proud of. Your constant and extremely thoughtful responses have been truly amazing. ….and I know that this level of activity has required at least 20 to 30 hours a week. That is dedication. Your shoes will be hard to fill……actually it would probably take two or three to fill them.

Thanks for your amazing contribution. In the history of freedom2b it will never be forgotten.

All the best with your future.

Bless you.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 7, 2015, 19:29

Hi Mother Hen

Thanks so much for your kind words and for your rich contribution here at f2b. 🙂

I have been so appreciative of your support, love and empathy toward others, especially mothers and family members who have struggled with the news of their child's sexuality. From your own life experience and wisdom, you have an understanding of pain and an ability to connect with others on a human to human level. You have also offered support and shared from your lived experience that having a gay child is not the end of the world but in fact the beginning of a beautiful new one. These are very precious gifts indeed and I have felt the healing and hope they bring to many. 🙂

I will definitely keep dropping by here from time to time.

Blessings to you and your family and I hope 2015 is a great one for you.

Ann Maree

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 7, 2015, 19:54

Hi Anthony

Wow! I am a bit overwhelmed by your very kind and generous words. Thank you very much!! 🙂

Of course, I am so grateful to you for founding f2b and for your support, understanding and kindness to me since I came to f2b. Thank you also for your belief in me to be a Moderator and then Chief Moderator. It has been a great honour to take on these roles and I have felt that my life has been enriched as a result. 🙂

I would also like to acknowledge all the past and present moderators, leaders and IT genius, Chris, at f2b for their wisdom, support and kindness. This is indeed a great community and I agree it is quite unique to have such a positive and supportive space online that is free from aggression and the sort of non support that is often found at other online sites or in social media.

Great blessings to you, Anthony. 🙂

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 10, 2015, 13:20

Praise given where praise is due Ann Maree. I already knew you'd be a good moderator from your activity as a member of the online community and the encouraging and respectful way you engaged with other forum members. What I didn't know at that time was actually how exceptional you'd be as a moderator and then Chief Moderator. We could not have asked for anything more.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 10, 2015, 23:01

Thanks again, Anthony. I am really very touched by your kind words. 🙂

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
January 15, 2015, 20:44

Hi Ann Maree,

Just want to say a big THANK YOU for all that you done and all that you have invested in these forums, in freedom2b and in the lives of those who have come here seeking support. You truly are a life saver and have provided hope and a great first-contact point for so many. Your wisdom in answering often sensitive posts is to be commended and your love for others shines through the words that you write. You have given a great deal of your time to the organisation and we are so thankful for you. 🙂

Lots of love and hugs,

Ben

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.046 seconds.