Forums

Still learning

Page: 1

Suzee

Joined in 2011
July 14, 2011, 10:24

Hi to all in this community. I’m so glad to be here. This is a safe place, a welcoming place, and a place where I can learn so much.

I’ve been learning a lot as I read the posts and discussions. Its hard to believe how far I’ve come in such a short time frame.

I still have questions, and some are being answered here as I read. I don’t understand why we are made the way we are…any of us! But its not so important to understand those mysteries. Its what we do with what knowledge we have that is important, isn’t it?

We should look at people as human beings made in God’s image, whom He loves so much. He looks at our hearts, and we sometimes have a tendency to judge by the exterior. I’ve done it. But I’m changing.

I hate bullying and discrimination of any kind. So when I see it or hear of it, I want to act on behalf of the ones being bullied and treated unfairly. And I will, even if others criticize me and shun me for doing so.

If people are suffering, being hurt and damaged by the voice and treatments of others, how can we stay silent?

I cannot.

I’m here – to love, to learn, to act.

grebo5454

Joined in 2010
July 14, 2011, 15:15

Hi Suzee

My sentiments exactly. I have never been one to sit back and watch discrimination or bullying of any kind without saying or doing something about it way before my son told me he was gay just over 12 months ago. I think it was how I was brought up. It’s good to get on our “soap box” from time to time. If more people did, then the world would be a very different place. Go Girl.

Helen xx

Suzee

Joined in 2011
July 14, 2011, 15:21

Thanks Helen,

It’d be great if more people stood up and spoke out. Your son is so lucky to have you. 🙂

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
July 14, 2011, 20:17

Hi Suzie,

I watched Lady Gaga on A Current Affair the other night, she is certainly a very unique person, my husband and I were rather impressed with her and the message she wants to get across in her songs. And she can certainly sing. There is one thing she said that has stuck with me, I believe it’s also in one of her songs. She said ” I was born this way, God makes no mistakes.” She also encouraged the LGBT community to stand up for the right for same sex marriage. We need more people like her in the public eye who have such a large following to speak up. We need more people like you and the parents, friends, family and supporters of LGBT people to speak up. Together we can make a change.

God bless

grebo5454

Joined in 2010
July 15, 2011, 08:20

Hi Mother Hen

Yes, Lady Gaga is a true ambassador for GLBT people. The more people who get out there and speak the truth, both GLBT and heterosexual people, the more the world is aware that there is no difference between anyone and God’s love is for all.

Mother Hen, its a shame that you and I live in different states. Together, I believe we would be a force to be reckoned with as we share such similar thoughts on so many things and its great that we can be here to support our new “family” and friends.

My husband and I have been asked to attend the September meeting of F2b(e) in Sydney. Not sure if we are to speak or what so that is quite exciting. Looking forward to it immensely and catching up with everyone again.

Bless You

Helen xx

Suzee

Joined in 2011
July 15, 2011, 15:37

Lady Gaga is certainly unique. And she certainly can sing 😀

Our voices may be scattered but they are united 😉

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
July 22, 2011, 09:44

My husband and I have been asked to attend the September meeting of F2b(e) in Sydney. Not sure if we are to speak or what so that is quite exciting. Looking forward to it immensely and catching up with everyone again.

Sounds like it will be an awesome meeting, great you have been invited to attend and share your love and support with everyone down there.

God Bless

grebo5454

Joined in 2010
July 23, 2011, 15:03

Hi Mother Hen

Yes, it should be good. Will let you know how it goes when we get back.

Bless You

Helen xx

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.066 seconds.