Forums

Stop Uganda's "Kill the Gays" Bill

Page: 1

J

Joined in 2012
November 22, 2012, 12:48

First Nigeria's "Jail The Gays" bill, now "KILL The Gays" bill in Uganda. Last year Allout.org managed to veto it, but it is back and the Ugandan Parliament want to pass it ASAP :-/ Please sign and help spread the word all! This is absolutely barbaric.

http://www.allout.org/en/actions/uganda-now

Edit: Also found the same petition on 'Avaaz', with a lot more support from the globe (almost 1,000,000 signatures!):

http://www.avaaz.org/en/uganda_stop_gay_death_law/?slideshow

J

Joined in 2012
November 26, 2012, 22:28

26th of November update:

There are now 174,742 signatures to veto this bill 🙂 and it's gaining even more support every minute.

27th of November update:

There are now 190,462 signatures

In fact, in just over a week, Allout has obtained an additional 78,132 permanent supporters!!! This is unbelievably epic.

If we all spread word of the amazing things Allout is doing to progress change simply by speaking up, maybe we will have a brighter future for newer generations (Sort of like the 'pay it forward' movie where using our voices and sharing these things creates a domino effect). Spread the word, tweet it, email it, share it by any means necessary. Tell a celebrity or 2 or 3 even – they have a lot of influence.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 26, 2012, 23:53

Yes I signed. Excellent work. 🙂

Thanks Jordan for your part in this.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
November 27, 2012, 08:33

Awesome, thanks Ann!

And no worries, I'm more than happy to do my part. I'm just glad someone showed me Allout.org, because I may not have any skills or money to help, but I do have time and passion, and that's all anyone needs to make a difference 🙂 heck, even sending emails to various people can help, whether it's to the government, MP's, churches, you name it. It all adds up.

deanbrodi

Joined in 2011
December 3, 2012, 03:42

I just shared the Allout.org link concerning Uganda, with Anthony Callea's, & Lady Gaga's Facebook pages. I hope that works & doesn't just get lost in the Facebook system.

J

Joined in 2012
December 3, 2012, 05:48

Awesome, thanks so much Dean!

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.087 seconds.