Forums

Suggesttions for promotion of F2B and MG 2010

Page: 1

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 19, 2010, 06:21

what can we do to get the word out there about our entry in this years Mardi Gras Parade. Freedom 2 b[e] Celebrates Ex-gay Survivors??????

Here is an online verson of our newsletter that has all the details you can use.

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs055/1101277457148/archive/1102947789979.html

I also have a PDF if you want to email it to people you can request a copy by emailing me [email protected]

Anything else you feel you could do.

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
January 19, 2010, 14:22

It is so important that we get the word out there…there are so many people who have no idea that Freedom 2 b[e] even exists.

As I have told you already Anthony…we should use any networks/media contacts we have to spead the word. We should also advertise and write something in the gay media.

Another good idea would be to write a very good media release and issue this to many different media outlets.

Also we need to all get involved in sharing the link to it on facebook and spreading the news by word of mouth.

So everyone…whether you are going or not…can you please help out!!

Ben

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 19, 2010, 15:03

yep HillsBen…….media contacts being utilised……I’ll be on JOYFM tomorrow morning 7.45am

Making contact with the gay press later this week…….and other press releases going out.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
January 21, 2010, 08:33

I am going to ask but I would imagine all these bases are covered –

Churches and Pastors that are supportive or at least not shooting freedom down, do they receive the newsletters regularly?

Community newspapers and magazines, not just the glbti editions, but the straight/secular ones too, there are thousands of them around the nation – They may even sometimes do stories on freedom,

The glbti offices of varying types that are often used as bases of contact and community events etc, like QAHC.

Even in community noticeboards in the shopping centers etc and shops that are happy to put in their windows. I know of some on the Sunshine Coast and would find some in Brisbane too.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 21, 2010, 15:23

I will be sending out a press release to the gay press…..and to those I have contact with in the mainstream media.

Any contacts people have in the mainstream media let me know.

Anyone who wants to take responsibility for contacting some LGBT community groups…..let me know and I’ll send you a pdf you can email on.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
January 21, 2010, 23:01

well send it to me (my hotmail addy) and i will send to all i can up here

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 22, 2010, 10:17

Will do…….PDFis also available to download here http://www.freedom2b.org/files/f2b_mg_banner.pdf

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.072 seconds.