Forums

The day my world fell apart - JD - 32 M

Page:   1 2 3 4

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
September 24, 2010, 22:00

Hi JD,

I’ll add my welcome here too. Thanks for sharing your story. It looks like you’re reaping the blessings from your labours.

I know from personal experience that forgiveness is setting yourself free from the prison you intended for someone else!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 25, 2010, 03:16

Hi JD…..its so great to have you with us……and your story is very powerful. you have touched on a real key to moving forward I believe…..forgiveness. People hurt and abuse often out of ignorance……..no need for us to continue to hurt ourselves by holding on to bitterness and resentment.

I’d like to put a link to your story on my facebook wall if it is okay with you. I believe that many more people would be touched by your story.

September 25, 2010, 14:18

Amazing! Thanks for sharing. God is good 🙂

JD

Joined in 2010
September 25, 2010, 17:07

Cheers Pierre & Maryann!

Ahhh Mr Venn-Brown 🙂

It’s great to be a part of Freedom2B!

Even for a hard core Christian, inner unforgiveness can linger for decades and sometimes not even show in the day to day life of a follower. However, it does consume you, and robs you of a life deserved.

Forgiving my mother was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do in my walk with Jesus. What hurts me most is that on Judgement Day, whether she’ll be able to forgive herself for the onslaught that was inflicted on me. But, to re-open the wounds now is un-necessary. There is peace.

Please feel welcome to post my story on your Facebook. It’s my testimony, so please feel free to share it.

Cheers!

JD

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 26, 2010, 04:33

thanks done…..and tweeted as well.

Brizjames

Joined in 2009
September 26, 2010, 09:11

Thanks JD for sharing. I know your story will inspire many as it has inspired me! 🙂

James

JD

Joined in 2010
September 26, 2010, 11:33

Cheers Anthony & James 🙂

shirlmo

Joined in 2008
September 26, 2010, 15:43

JD, thanks for sharing your story. My heart really went out to you, hearing what you went through with your family. I am the mother of two (neither is gay) but If one of them had told me they were lesbian, I would have loved them just the same, because no matter what they are still my children. My youngest has Bipolar and after a night of drinking had sex with an acquaintance and she informed me last week that she is pregnant, (that is almost the same to me as if she had told me she was gay :bigsmile: .) However she is my daughter and as such I will continue to love and support her no matter what, I know a lot don’t think the same as I, but no matter what the sexual orientation they are still your children and that does not change and as sch we should be there for all our children,

JD

Joined in 2010
September 28, 2010, 11:21

Thanks Shirlmo!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 1, 2010, 17:51

JD, thanks for sharing your story. My heart really went out to you, hearing what you went through with your family. I am the mother of two (neither is gay) but If one of them had told me they were lesbian, I would have loved them just the same, because no matter what they are still my children. My youngest has Bipolar and after a night of drinking had sex with an acquaintance and she informed me last week that she is pregnant, (that is almost the same to me as if she had told me she was gay :bigsmile: .) However she is my daughter and as such I will continue to love and support her no matter what, I know a lot don’t think the same as I, but no matter what the sexual orientation they are still your children and that does not change and as sch we should be there for all our children,

what a wonderful mum you…….all kids near their parents to say ‘I love you (full stop)….not ‘I love you but…….’

Of course you and I also have the added benefit of experiencing our humanity in very real ways………we too have failed…..and known forgiveness……..I thank god for this…..its made me less judgemental of others

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.083 seconds.