Forums

The day my world fell apart - JD - 32 M

Page:   1 2 3 4

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
October 6, 2010, 23:05

Wow, that story is kind of scary.

But it is so awesome to hear how even super dark times can eventually be overcome. There’s always hope.

JD

Joined in 2010
October 8, 2010, 20:15

Hi Mr Summit,

Absolutely! There were some dark times, but… you just need to keep walking.

Cheers!

JD

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
September 5, 2012, 11:06

Hi JD,

I've just read your story after you put a link to it on another post. I have to say as a mother of a gay son (Mr Summit) it brought tears to my eyes with the way your mother first responded. As parents we should love our children unconditionally. Please know that not all parents respond the way your mum did. I know some do but there as some wonderful parents on this site who have only shown love, acceptance and support for their child. We have even marched in this years Mardi Gras 🙂 It's amazing with God's grace you have been able to forgive your mum. I hope things are better with your mum and she has found the courage to come and ask for your forgiveness.

You are amazing, so strong, a wonderful young man, you are an inspiration to any who read your story. Be nice if you could update it where you are now. I pray you have love, peace and happiness in your life, you deserve it.

In all my years in Christiandom, I've never felt the statement "Love thy neighbour" as strong as I have in Freedom2B. If the Church was able to love and live life like the way we do within Freedom2B, the Church would move mountains.

Couldn't agree more, F2B are an amazing wonderful group of people 🙂

God Bless

J

Joined in 2012
September 5, 2012, 15:37

Wow just read your story JD and it was so touching! I loved this part in particular:

I’ll never forget a sermon my head pastor preached about Jesus accepting you as you are. At the end of the sermon, he specifically mentioned homosexuals, that they are accepted in Jesus as they are, and that the church should be filled with homosexuals, for they needed Jesus just as much as anyone else. I personally told my head pastor about my homosexuality, and they allowed Luke and I the privilege of starting a small cell group specifically catered for homosexuals. In total, there were four of us. Even though the cell group was disbanded when Luke returned home to Canada, I will never forget the love that my church extended to me.

That is an amazing church, I wish we had more churches like those everywhere around the world.

Your story is amazing, and many of the parts in it were so similar to the "Prayers for Bobby" movie, with Bobby's mum not accepting her gay son, followed by the bridge scene (him coming to the end of himself), and the pastor telling Bobby's mum that Jesus loves everyone as they are.

I would love to hear how you and your family are doing today also!

~Jordan

JD

Joined in 2010
September 5, 2012, 20:41

Hi Mother Hen,

I fully agree, parents should love their children unconditionally, but sometimes the hate is so deep, that some parents don't.

I've seen many people who have come out, most have been good experiences. I blame my hispanic culture for the entrenched homophobia.

JD

JD

Joined in 2010
September 5, 2012, 20:53

Hey Jordan!

I fully agree. It was 2008 when Ps Paul said that, which was before Ps Rob Buckingham at C3 Bayside. It was ballsy, for a

pentecostal pastor under ACC (AoG) to make a statement like that, and mean it. It gave me a wonderful foundation moving forward

albeit 8 years after I came out initially.

It was funny you mentioned Prayers for Bobby. F2B had a screening of it a few years back, and I went. Bobby's mum was a push

over compared to mine. I wish I had Bobby's mum. I cried like a baby during the movie, it brought back the memories and the hurt.

Today, almost 2 years after I wrote that post, things are good 🙂

My brother and sister in law are great advocates for me. I had Mum come up and stay with me for a few nights this year, and

she made a comment that was just amazing. She told me that God had been working on her to accept me just the way I am. I was

astounded to say the least. About 6 months before that point in time, one particular Sunday morning church service, Mum felt

incredibly convicted during the service, and she formally requested forgiveness for everything she put me through. I struggled

to keep myself composed, and I told her that I had forgiven her years ago. When I got home to Sydney I was overwhelmed with

emotion. I was so glad that I had forgiven her, because if I hadn't, I probably would have broken down to hear her asking for

forgiveness. I never expected her to ever ask for forgiveness (this side of eternity), and to hear it just astounded me.

Since moving up to Sydney in 2010, I've been to Hillsong, C3 Central City and now Jubilee Church. I'm really happy at Jubilee, and

I have great friends there (four of which are gay). God has me in a good place 🙂

The best is yet to come 😀

JD

J

Joined in 2012
September 5, 2012, 22:43

I'm so glad to hear everything's better now JD! I bet it wasn't easy back then, and like you say, you "never expected her to ever ask for forgiveness (this side of eternity)". I think it's hard to see any positives in the future when everything in the moment seems hopeless (been there many times myself), but it's so important to stay strong and wait it out (even a day at a time) till there is light at the end of the tunnel, which is what you somehow managed to achieve in what was (I assume) probably the worst time of your life.

I honestly don't know if I could have survived what you have been through – you have my utmost respect! It's great to hear you've made some close friends too! Thanks for updating us JD, again, I'm so happy for you,

~Jordan

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 6, 2012, 07:49

Congratulations JD. 🙂 That's amazing to hear about your mother and must give encouragement to those like Jordan who are desperately wanting their mother's acceptance. It is so good to know it is possible in time – albeit not in our own time. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

JD

Joined in 2010
September 8, 2012, 11:11

You are right Jordan, it does get better, though it can take a long time….

😀

JD

JD

Joined in 2010
September 8, 2012, 11:12

Thx Ann Maree 🙂

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.084 seconds.