Forums

The journey has been long

Page: 1

Wangajen

Joined in 2015
January 15, 2015, 05:02

This year I come out as a gay Christian. I am a 56 year old woman and have been a born-again Christ follower for 19 years. Jesus has been and is a great healer in my life. I struggled inwardly with being attracted to certain females ever since I was in high school and was totally tormented about the issue for more than a decade to the point of wanting to commit suicide – I didn't – instead in my desperation I prayed to God telling Him of my difficulties for the first time in my life and asking for help and a loving companion – not even knowing if He was real – I was so desperate and lonely even though I occasionally dated guys (keeping up appearances) – His answer came amazingly – a truly supernatural event – He brought a beautiful young woman into my life and it was instant love so deep and wonderful for us both.

We were together 9 years. Then it suddenly fell apart – not because we didn't love each other but because we did. I was utterly shattered. I knew nothing of God and hadn't prayed since that first time. In my distress Jesus came, revealed Himself to me, picked me up and drew me to Himself and carried me for years taking me from place to place healing me from childhood molestation issues(plus other hindrances) and strengthening and reshaping my character and attitudes along the way. I understood very quickly church was a 'no gay zone' and to be homosexual was regarded as a serious sin – so I renounced and repented of my sin(s) to God in response to what was required – suppressing and burying my gayness. I have never dated in all these tears as God never opened the door in answer to my prayer for a 'husband' – an 'acceptable replacement' for my lost loved one and I kept my eyes away from all females. I felt cross with God over the loss of my partner and my long aloneness but I still trusted Him – He had been so good to me in so many ways.

Jesus took me out of the church four years ago then two years ago He had me start to face and work through what happened to cause the breakup with my dear partner of 22 years ago – what He revealed was so sad – the pain I felt was so immense – the love for her still there – and my 100% gayness. Understanding and forgiveness have rained from my heart. It was all so avoidable if we had only just talked to each other about what we were both going through in that final year when we were both under a lot of pressure for various reasons. God revealed to me that He was a witness to our special private 'vows and marriage ceremony' we had performed after our first year of being together – He would have liked us to have fulfilled those vows completely. We let each other down by our ignorance and false interpretations. In this last year, with this new revelation, I have been doing my best to make reconciliation and peace with her – it seems it's never too late as far as God is concerned.

As I have been going through all this I have had such a strong resurgence of gayness that I laid it before God asking Him to please show me what I am to do with it – as I prayed to Him to be who and what He created me to be He revealed to me that my gayness was ok – it was acceptable to Him – He created me gay and that I had to decide voluntarily (without any compelling or pressure) to be myself irrespective of those who might oppose my stance – that He was with me and would never leave me. I have made my choice. I am ready to begin anew – gay and in Christ. A new chapter with fresh hopes. Praise God! I live in New Zealand and have a 23 year old son – a lovely young man now – the child my partner and I had planned together and birthed to make us into a family. That dream shattered. The journey has been long. But God encourages me now to 'have a dream for my life' – beauty for ashes. The life of joy, peace, and goodness – and love – His gift each day!

cheval319

Joined in 2014
January 15, 2015, 13:13

Wow, thank you for sharing.

Glad you found us.

May God continue to bless you.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 16, 2015, 09:16

Hi welcome to F2B. Thanks for sharing your story.

It's great you have accepted who you are and living an authentic life now. That's the trick for us all regardless of who we are to be ourselves.

I pray you are able sort through past issues and hurts with your past relationship.

God bless

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 19, 2015, 22:41

Hi Wangajen

You are an amazing woman and I feel inspired after reading what you have shared with us here. Thank you! 🙂

Your passion and love are refreshing and uplifting. 🙂 How fantastic that you have chosen to be like this despite the pain and hurt you have suffered. And you are dealing with it but still so hopeful. How wonderful!

I particularly like what you wrote here:

As I have been going through all this I have had such a strong resurgence of gayness that I laid it before God asking Him to please show me what I am to do with it – as I prayed to Him to be who and what He created me to be He revealed to me that my gayness was ok – it was acceptable to Him – He created me gay and that I had to decide voluntarily (without any compelling or pressure) to be myself irrespective of those who might oppose my stance – that He was with me and would never leave me. I have made my choice. I am ready to begin anew – gay and in Christ. A new chapter with fresh hopes. Praise God! I live in New Zealand and have a 23 year old son – a lovely young man now – the child my partner and I had planned together and birthed to make us into a family. That dream shattered. The journey has been long. But God encourages me now to 'have a dream for my life' – beauty for ashes. The life of joy, peace, and goodness – and love – His gift each day!

May the universe open itself wide to you and shower you with an abundance of blessings and healing just as you have opened your heart so completely. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
January 20, 2015, 00:26

Hi wangajen

Welcome to freedom2b 🙂

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. We wish you the best in your new rediscovery! Love and light to you and your son.

Warm regards

Michelle

joy

Joined in 2013
January 23, 2015, 23:00

Thank you for sharing your story. A story that gives hope. Thank you.

azza81

Joined in 2010
January 24, 2015, 22:54

Thank you for sharing . Your story is so inspiring. All the best 2015.

Aaron

Wangajen

Joined in 2015
January 30, 2015, 19:24

Cheval319,Mother Hen, Ann Maree, Michelle, Joy, and azza81 – Thank you for your welcome and encouraging input. I have taken the time to read some of the other stories and I am overwhelmed by the struggle that we all seem to have had.

I think for me it has always been that sense of self-rejection that has led to continual feelings of suicide especially in my early years when I realised I was different – I may not have be acceptable to 'society' – but I was not acceptable to myself either. How many of us have felt that! I didn't know what to do with myself so in the end I hid myself away – an easy escape – I was a very shy person naturally and so in my confusion and fear and with past childhood molestation issues locked within me and the fact that I seemed to attract the attention of predatory men instead of nice kind genuine fellows which was probably the result of my inner fear and naivety – I thus basically isolated myself from community and wore a continual frown and was surly to keep people away from me. I felt the label 'victim' must be written across my forehead. In my book I wrote of an example:

…….Years ago, my faithful friend from my high school days, and I used to often go to dances to ‘find a boyfriend’. Well, I went along as I enjoyed her company and it gave us something to do. She was always very successful at it (getting boyfriends that is) – me never. I never knew, and she never told me, how she ended up with the nicest guy in the place – and me, usually accosted by the most undesirable. Now, when I think about it, she flirted with her eyes – I understood nothing of ‘flirting’ then and I certainly have never done it myself consciously ever – she must have scanned the room as she idly chatted with me, and probably eyed some choice guy until she caught his attention and interest. Now me on the other hand, being rather naïve and unworldly but at the same time suspicious, would never cast my eyes wantonly around – I would look at the ceiling, look at the table, even look at the floor, anywhere but at people and certainly not at some guy. Eventually some guy may have thought, ‘here’s a right one here’ and venture over in my direction much to my discomfort. One time, to my horror, this fellow approached me – the smell of stale unwashed body odour preceded him from three metres away and I swear he was wearing a trench coat – I did not even want to think what he was or was not wearing under it! O God – why me!…..

By the time I was twenty-five I was incredibly lonely and miserable in myself even though I had great family relations – I was ok around them. At the point of crisis when I prayed I was ready to give up the fight – the fight for life or the fight within myself in accepting my attraction to women.The truly amazing thing was when God brought my partner and I together – a true miracle – she broke through every defence mechanism I had constructed and pierced my heart so profoundly – she loved me – wow – I thought I must be one of the unlovable ones – incredibly she loved me as I was – hairy legs and all at the time! Those years together with her were for me like floating on a cloud in a beautiful blue sky. A utopia of peace reigned for me for the first time in my life.

But unknown to both of us I suffered with undiagnosed Coeliac Disease (gluten poisoning) and when the pressure went up in my life due to my pregnancy and our son's birth and that first year of motherhood – I was drained of vital nutrients and I went down quickly making me seem distant and unresponsive – my lovely partner in her distress found comfort in a workmate just waiting in the side-lines. – I was oblivious. I think we both had a nervous breakdown unbeknown to each other (as we were apart by then) I think we were so choked with emotion we couldn't talk about things and we lost each other even though we kept in contact for many years. Most of my life I have been disabled by this chronic autoimmune disease – I knew something wasn't quite right with me but I had no idea what. Even when I finally got diagnosed twelve years ago, at the age of 44 years, going on the 'gluten-free diet' was not helpful – I got worse on it. Mostly it was due to lack of knowledge on the part of doctors for those who have been undiagnosed long term. I found having a little bit of gluten helped but then even that finally caught up with me big time.

Two years ago when God broached the subject of my long lost love and working through the issues of the breakup to bring reconciliation to them the stress and trauma I felt majorly affected my health once again. It was a key to understanding what happened all those years ago. I became so incapacitated to the point of not being able to hardly walk or function (serious nutrient drain again) that I seriously started 'praying for help – what is wrong with me – what do I need to do!' and through a whole series of revelations God showed me I needed to go on a very high dose of multi-vitamins, probiotics and enzymes even to transition to the 'gluten-free diet' – doctors, dieticians, and the social services(I needed financial help for this) didn't support this at first but God finally won through – it has been a mighty battle – and now through this last year I transitioned successfully onto the GF diet and have been able to expand my food range that I can now digest, and for the first time for many years I feel I have some energy and life is worth living again – but I have so missed my partner. I have moved about but she has moved on and has so far she has been totally unresponsive to my reconciliation efforts. I feel so sad that I was the probable initial cause of our breakup – I would never have willingly wanted ever to hurt her. These last two years have been extremely hard but I have to get back in the saddle and 'get a life'. For those of you who are willing – Please pray for my ex-partner 'K' that she would reconcile the issues of her heart and have peace with regard to me – her first love – I wish her all the best.

Being gay, coeliac, and christian has been very isolating but praise God – we are not finished yet! God is good!

I'll share about church next time – O what fun!

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 1, 2015, 22:39

Hi Wangajen

I am really sorry that your previous partner has not been responsive to your reconciliation efforts. It is good though that your energy levels are returning as you are discovering and taking positive steps to reclaim your health.

I will definitely pray for you and K.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.