Forums

The story of Michelle!

Page: 1

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
January 18, 2008, 19:45

I thought it was about time that I made myself a little better known on the site. A few reasons being that my partner Linda, who some of you already know, is usually on for both of us and as we are starting up the Melbourne support group, I thought it appropriate to spend some time on the f2b site also! Another reason is to tell ,those of you who don’t already know, how I came to be here.

Well Linda and I met in a fundamental pentecostal church about 15yrs ago and were friends for most of that time. We saw each other get married, have children and supported each other when we got our prospective divorces! I had been seperated from my husband for almost two years when Linda and I began an amazing friendship. We became ‘best friends’ during this time, spending lots of time together. I had always admired her immensley as a person with a loving, caring and compassionate nature and I found myself thinking of her often. After Linda seperated from her husband I found myself in a place I never had considered before, I realised that my feelings had become ones of love and deep affection not just as a friend! Wow! This really blew me away! The funny thing was that I would normally call her with things like this but this was about her! After a few days pondering I finally txt her with my revelation and consequently blew her away! We began what has become the most amazing life together. We are sickeningly blissful after 20months together. Although not all smooth sailing, as we have blended our children’s lives together, I came out to my very conservative christian parents and 4 born again sisters! ( that is another story right there!) We believe we are where we are meant to be, on this journey together as lovers, partners and ultimately best friends! I am a true believer that you cannot control who you fall in love with, in my case not just my best friend but a woman! We are travelling an unknown path , as far as our faith is concerned, however two things are certain. The first is knowing that we are loved and the second is that we are in this together, and there is no-one else I would rather do it with! Cheers Michelle

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
January 18, 2008, 21:42

Hey Michelle, great to hear your story D It will be awesome to hear more someday. 4 sisters far out!!!!!!!!!

leece

Joined in 2007
January 19, 2008, 17:25

Hi Michelle

thats amazing how your life has gorn and how you have both been freinds all these years.

now you are parteners.

good one .

leece

January 19, 2008, 19:00

Good to read your story Michelle. I look forward to meeting you and Linda at the Melbourne meetings.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 20, 2008, 16:59

yes welcome to the forum. I love the diversity of our community. Often our stories are dramatic and tragic. But of course this need not always be the case and with time they will become less frequent. I guess it will be sign of progress when they have diminished. I’m sure there was trauma along the way for you though at some point.

As research has shown, geniune bisexuality is much more prevalent amongst the female population it is not uncommon for ladies who are best friends with each other to fall in love and partner. This is very hard to imagine happening with a couple of blokes who are best mates unless they were gay.

So I guess i’m wondering if you have any insight into your own journey here that might help others. That is some women have always been lesbian but were in a heterosexual marriage. (like me…except i wasn’t a lesbian of course 😆 ), some women were in a heterosexual marriage and later identified that they were lesbian, then some have never identified as lesbian but have just known love of individuals of either sex.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 24, 2008, 23:05

Hi Michelle…..I moved this to join with your orginal story ……I hope that is okay with you. If not then let me know and i’ll change things back……it just keep the thoughts and story together.

Four Christian sisters!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:23 pm Post subject: Four Christian sisters! Reply with quote

Not long after I began my relationship with Linda I decided to come out to my sisters (one at a time!) It was funny that I thought I would know how they would react, because they are my sisters and I knew them sooo well, but boy was I wrong! The one who is 8yrs older and who has been a Christian for a very long time was always the most diplomatic, compassionate and caring of others turned on me the most! I had told her about Linda and I and at the time she appeared quite calm and collected about it, understandably shocked and surprised, but ok. It was probably a week or so later that she rang me with the threat to out me to my parents. My dad and I have a good relationship and my intent was to tell him first but obviously when I was ready. You see Linda and I had planned a trip away and my parents had agreed to look after my daughters. Well my sister felt that I was forcing them to support my ‘lesbian lifestyle’ without their knowledge and was therefore lying to them. She gave me a 6hr deadline to call them or she would! I was devastated by this and rang another sister ( her twin) with whom I was very close and told her what had happened. She was sympathetic but in agreeance of her actions. Talk about feeling betrayed! Crying or Very sad I ended up biting the bullet and calling my father that night. He was so good to me that night. He told me he already knew, I asked him how and he replied ” I’m not blind kid” and also that “your sisters are the last ones who should throw stones.” It was comforting to know that even though he may not like my choice he still supported me. My relationship with that sister is civil at best. We don’t speak much at all. However Linda was on the Christmas card this year! My other 3 sisters are pretty good. They are warm to my lady and that is really nice to see. I think they see me so happy and cannot deny why that is! Very Happy

Michelle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

one step at a time……..glad you had a sensible dad. Often we go through such truama worrying about how people might react only to discover that they knew all the time.

its certainly never anyone elses right to out us…….but occasionally they force us to do what we have put off.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Co-convenor – Freedom 2 b[e]

Author of ‘A Life of Unlearning’

http://www.anthonyvennbrown.com/book.html

“When we choose to live authentically, we chip away at others prisons of pretend and give them the courage to walk free”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I told my sister first when I came out ten years ago because she was very anti-church at the time and I knew she would be accepting and she was. However last year she found God again and is going to an apostolic church. She is starting to tell me things like, “You know God doesn’t approve of that” and, “I’m praying that God will change you”.

Spare me. Rolling Eyes

Raskdog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It is kindve sucky when you get outed but parents do usually know. Thank goodness your Dad has been so good. Very Happy

I came out to my sister 1st time in 1987, she was shocked and asked lots of questions but was ok and it didnt affect us. This time round( I went in and out o the closet a few times Rolling Eyes ) she isnt so accepting and thinks women cant have any form of satisfactory sex Rolling Eyes Laughing but anyway we talk but for reasons unknown she cant be happy that Im happy, she finds my g/f a threat from what I have discovered. Its only recently she even looks at her when she is spoken to.

magsdee

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
February 11, 2012, 12:59

Hi Michelle,

Just came across your story. It's obvious you and Linda have a very special relationship, one that is founded is such a strong friendship gives a good foundation. Together I'm sure you can overcome anything. The way you two got together is quiet amazing. I think you were meant to be and blessed by God.

Sorry to hear the telling your sister's didn't go to well. Wonderful your father was so supportive and said the right things at the right time for you. As they say you can't choose your family. Hopefully a few years down the track things are a little better with your sister.

Would love to hear more of your story. You and Linda have both come along way from the early days of joining F2B, I'm sure a lots happen that could possibly bless and help other's.

Hope you are Linda will be at the Mardi Gras, my hubby and I are coming down this year to march with our son and other F2Ber's would be great to meet you both.

God Bless 🙂

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.075 seconds.