Forums

to speak or not to speak???

Page:   1 2

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 18, 2008, 17:40

i have a question i would like to ask all of you – Would you say anything?

I know of a few gay men here where i live that have recently become ‘christians’. They are being taken through the general ‘new christian’ regime and accompanying that is the ‘de-gaying’ process. I do not know these people personally. Should I say anything to them or should i stay out of their journey?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 18, 2008, 17:42

good question……..let me think on that one.

kay

Joined in 2008
August 19, 2008, 10:14

i’m interested to know what exactly is a de-gay program? it sounds like this could do more damage than be helpful. 😥

Going through the new christian program gives a foundation for faith but often I have found that some who go through these courses are then left to fend for themselves. There seems to be no relational input and perfection is sometimes the goal.

May I suggest that if you know them you ask them how they feel about the program and if they have been informed of the content.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 19, 2008, 11:04

well i am not personal friends or even acquaintances with them. As far as i can make out they have been told that God wants them to become straight and at this point, i think due to their spiritual experience they are believing what they are being told. With me not being welcome in the church anymore it is difficult for me to keep up with what is going on.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 19, 2008, 11:13

I guess this shows us again Tez how important it is for F2B to have a high profile so that the people who really need to know about our message of love and acceptance know about it and us.

One of the driving forces to set up F2B for me was to save people from the trauma…wasted years and heartache I went through till I finally discovered that my sexual orientation was not an illness or a perversion and that God loved me just as I am.

my hope and prayer is that many more of us will take up the challenge to speak boldly and confidently about these things and reduce the suffering.

Possibly it would be difficult for you to directly approach these people if you dont know them but think of ways to let them know about our network so they get the full story.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 20, 2008, 18:41

yes i think so too.

one reason why i am being involved on the ground floor with the sunshine coast pride day in october. so will ‘man’ the freedom2be table next to my

gay dads table which my girls are helping me with.

that at least will be one way.

still thinking of more lol

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 20, 2008, 23:17

please remind me again to send you some flyers…..I think you can appreciate that I spend hours and hours doing stuff…….and then remember that I’m supposed to make a living as well. I’m sure I could keep one person fully occupied as an assistant…..;possibly two…..and still everything couldn’t get done.

in the midst of all this activity things slip.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
August 21, 2008, 07:31

This is where cloning would come in handy wouldnt it 😯 😉

Sandy

Joined in 2007
August 21, 2008, 12:16

I’m not sure the world could cope with more than one Anthony Venn Brown 😆 😆

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
August 21, 2008, 12:56

😆 😆

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.081 seconds.