Told my friend I was lesbian today

Page:   1 2

Ash

Joined in 2012
July 18, 2012, 16:07

Quote from Ann Maree on July 16, 2012, 6:46 pm

Hi Ash

You said:

"the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace… against such things there is no sin."

Yes that's excellent and beautiful in it's simplicity. So in other words, things that are of God will produce love, joy and peace. And this is what I aim for in my own life, to produce these qualities, and to be with others who are like-minded. Then I know I'm on the right track. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

It's my favourite quote… I'm working it into a tattoo design at the moment :P.

It's from Galatians but I can't remember the chapter number off the top of my head. There is more to that quote (more 'fruits of the Spirit') but those ones are most relevant :).

Lockyergal

Joined in 2012
July 19, 2012, 11:20

Galatians 5 22-26

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

King james version

sarab

Joined in 2011
July 19, 2012, 21:25

Hi Mags,

I am wondering if you have heard any more from your friend you came out to?

when you posted here you said you were feeling hurt and confused – I am wondering how you are feeling at the moemnt?

How do you feel about the responses from all the f2bers?

Hope all is OK

Sarab 🙂

RQC

Joined in 2012
July 20, 2012, 08:51

Great responses. I've never understood the; "Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner" as a Christian response. First, the term itself was coined by a Hindu and second, no where in the Bible are we told to hate the sin of another. That is an act done only by God.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
July 22, 2012, 23:33

Hate the sin, love the sinner ?? !!

Have a look at this great segment by Dr Tony Compolo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWYtkn_8D-g&feature=share

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 23, 2012, 07:19

Hi forestgrey

Yes excellent video. Thanks for posting this. And in support of what Sophia already said, "Love the sinner, hate your own sin".

Blessings,

Ann Maree

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
July 23, 2012, 11:20

Its a great video – although I have a minor Niggle with his ending –

He ends by saying that that AFTER you get rid of the sin your own life – – but the bible teaches we cant get rid of the sin in our own lives – thats why it CLEARLY says to not worry about other peoples Sins but only about your own sins.

Its why the whole message of Love the sinner – not the sin – is not biblical. It just tells you not to worry about anyone else sins AT ALL.Full Stop. End Of Story.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 23, 2012, 19:28

Hi Shadow Boxer

Your point is what I believe Tony was making indirectly but without drawing pictures or words in the sand as Jesus did when talking to the crowd who wanted to stone the adulteress. I think Tony was leaving it to us to make the link that we will never be without sin and therefore we can never have the right to stand in judgment of someone else.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.135 seconds.