Forums

Tomorrow is an historic day

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 14, 2010, 00:00

Hi gang…..I’ve been quiet on the forum lately as I’ve been spending my time preparing for tomorrow.

I am flying down in the morning to lecture at Tabor Bible College Melbourne. I think this is the first time in Australia an openly gay person has spoken within a context like this. I know I haven’t spoken in a bible college for 20 years. I feel very privileged and grateful to Tabor for their confidence in me.

the weeks lectures have been on Sexuality and tomorrow I will be lecturing on AN ALTERNATIVE APPROACH TO SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER DIVERSITY AND CHRISTIAN FAITH

I am excited but also a little emotional realising the significance of this event. It means a lot to my personal journey but I also realise that this has far reaching implications for the many many LGBT people I represent. This includes you.

You might like to think of me in prayer…..send my positive vibes…..or whatever you do.

Looking forward to seeing many of you at the Freedom 2 b[e] meeting on Friday night and also some of you at the seminar on Saturday. http://lgbtissueseminar.eventbrite.com/

thanks for your thoughts and prayers…..they are very much appreciated.

love our wonderful Freedom 2 b[e] community

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 14, 2010, 11:58

Hi avb

I imagine the experience at Tabor will be very moving as well as significant. I’m definitely sending extra positive energy your way for the occasion.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
July 14, 2010, 20:55

Like the Bayside Melbourne message by Rob Buckingham, I believe this will be another step change towards greater acceptance, inclusion and understanding of sexual orientation and diversity issues in Australia!

Sending positive energy your way Anthony 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 14, 2010, 21:56

Yay!! 😀 😀 😀

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
July 15, 2010, 00:27

Wow! I missed this post and only tuning in late, now. I hope that everything went well, AVB!

Nick

Joined in 2007
July 15, 2010, 16:03

How did you go AVB??? Excited for you and where the doors it would lead to

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 15, 2010, 18:56

I’m with Nick. Can’t wait to hear about your time at Tabor.. Was thinking about you all day today. 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 20, 2010, 23:00

sorry gang……have you noticed my absence from the forum of late. not like me at all. I have been flat out….and still happening. Will return soon.

All good……I’ll be writing all about the special four days in Melbourne in my newsletter and will cut and paste here…….it will just take some time to write…….sorry

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 30, 2010, 07:32

Hi avb

How did your talk at tabor go? I missed it in the newsletters.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
December 30, 2010, 11:01

Lol. I got all excited and then saw the date. Ha!

How did it go??

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.064 seconds.