Forums

What church were/are you a member of

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 21, 2010, 16:26

I know for some this might be a bit too invasive so please don’t feel that you have to participate in this thread. I did use the past tense in the title as well to make it a bit easier.

Some might like to identify which church they currently attend that will encourage others who are there that they are not alone. Many on this forum still have a level of anonymity as they are using a username.

You might feel more comfortable just identifying the denomination. Assemblies of God, Hillsong, Australian Christian Churches, PlanetShakers, Christian City Church. Church of God, Baptist, Sydney Diocese Anglican, Seventh Day Adventist, Churches of Christ. The Edge, Apostolic, Elim, Christian Revival Crusade, Revival Churches of Australia

There is a reason I’m doing this BTW……actually several.

There are lots of gay and lesbian or bisexual people (homosexual in orientation) in pentecostal , evangelical churches ……some resolved the internal dissonance but not out. Some resolved it and out to some. Some resolved it and left.

I think some of this information would be interesting to see how many gay and lesbian or bisexual people (homosexual in orientation) there are in some of the mega churches

Shirelive Church

Hillsong Church

Paradise Community Church

Edge Church

LifeCity Church Canberra

Calvary Christian Church Townsville

Townsville City Church

Christian City Churches

Kings Christian Church

Faith! Christian Church

Canberra Christian Life Centre

Brisbane City Church

Planetshakers City Church

Inspire Church

Christian Life Centre

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
June 21, 2010, 17:56

Hillsong at Hills.

Started going there when I was about 15 years old. Still there today at 22. That’s 7 years!

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
June 21, 2010, 18:16

Was SDA, currently attending a Sydney Anglican church, but I wouldn’t actually identify myself as a member.

RAAF BLOKE

Joined in 2010
June 21, 2010, 20:50

I grew up in Revival Centres and later, the Revival Fellowship. Over the years, I came across around a dozen people that were gay, bisexual or questioning their sexuality. None of them were ‘out’ in the fellowship and quite a few went on to get married or leave the fellowship entirely.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
June 21, 2010, 21:41

Am I allowed to just say “the ecclesia”? 0:)

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
June 21, 2010, 21:50

Is there a way to set up a poll or a quiz for this? It may get a bit ridiculous otherwise. And that way, people can stay anonymous..?

Yes, there is an option to create a Poll with a question, and a list of possible responses 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 21, 2010, 21:51

Hillsong waterloo

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 21, 2010, 21:52

Is there a way to set up a poll or a quiz for this? It may get a bit ridiculous otherwise. And that way, people can stay anonymous..?

Yes, there is an option to create a Poll with a question, and a list of possible responses 🙂

mmmmm……that may end up a long list of options…….and possibly counteract one of the reasons why i’m asking the question.

IanJ

Joined in 2009
June 21, 2010, 23:45

Baptist- but most of the time in a Baptisdt church with charismatic/pentocostal leanings. (We would lay them out on the floor)

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 22, 2010, 00:12

Baptist- but most of the time in a Baptisdt church with charismatic/pentocostal leanings. (We would lay them out on the floor)

😀 😀 😀 😀 :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: 🙂 🙂 🙂

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.069 seconds.