Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NikkiNeal1989

Joined in 2010
July 24, 2010, 04:02

8) Crossover Non-Denominational Church since 2009

JaydWoods

Joined in 2010
July 24, 2010, 11:27

I feel so bad posting here. I am no longer associated with any churches. I was baptized in the church my grandma goes to. Getting married there would be nice but nearly impossible to do in such a strict community. It was a Bethesda and Lutheran. I don’t believe in was denominational. It was disconnected with any direct money source or the larger organization associated with the Lutheran sect. I then was part of the Faith Lutheran Church. That is where my dad’s funeral was held. I really don’t remember much about that church other than my dad being associated with it emotionally. We than moved to another church called Grace Lutheran. (Also Lutheran) And than we moved after being a part of that for about 5 or 6 years. So there is my church history.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 24, 2010, 13:19

Hi Jaydwoods

I’m sorry you feel bad about this. You are welcome here.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
July 24, 2010, 14:14

Hi Jayd,

There is no need for you to feel bad. I am not associated with any church either. I think that the purpose of this thread was just to see, for interests sake, what church background, if any, people on the forums have come from. You’re welcome to join in on any of the discussions. 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 24, 2010, 15:46

Well said, Meg. I too am not associated with any church. You don’t have to have particular affiliations or beliefs to be part of our discussions, Jayd.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

deanmurphy

Joined in 2006
July 26, 2010, 21:43

I’m a member of Crave MCC: Paddington, Sydney, NSW…. Best church ever! ;-D

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 26, 2010, 23:08

I feel so bad posting here. I am no longer associated with any churches. I was baptized in the church my grandma goes to. Getting married there would be nice but nearly impossible to do in such a strict community. It was a Bethesda and Lutheran. I don’t believe in was denominational. It was disconnected with any direct money source or the larger organization associated with the Lutheran sect. I then was part of the Faith Lutheran Church. That is where my dad’s funeral was held. I really don’t remember much about that church other than my dad being associated with it emotionally. We than moved to another church called Grace Lutheran. (Also Lutheran) And than we moved after being a part of that for about 5 or 6 years. So there is my church history.

you fit in perfectly here JaydWoods http://www.freedom2b.org/about/who-we-help. Possibly group 1.

danielgtaylor

Joined in 2008
August 3, 2010, 22:39

And to update that, while I worship at Paradise, I’ve been recognized as a member of Pilgrim Uniting Church in Adelaide.

They are a church that welcomes anyone, and are a warm friendly bunch. While not a gay specific church, it’s heaps cool if you’re gay there, especially in the 9.30am community.

So if you’re in Adelaide and want a safe space within a Pentecostal mega-church, feel free to connect up with me. Or if you’d rather go along to a church that will readily accept you if you’re open about your sexuality, I can give you the details for Pilgrim.

They are supporting me in the safe space I’m creating out at Paradise – and have offered me sanctuary if I ever need it.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 4, 2010, 02:06

great news Daniel

coops

Joined in 2010
August 22, 2010, 01:27

hi all

im only new to this site, so please excuse my ignorance if i havent read everything here. im from a lutheran background – not sure if anyone else on here has the same sort of upbringing. im currently not an active member of a church

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.094 seconds.