Forums

What moral framework exists for the gay person?

Page:   1 2

JJ

Joined in 2009
November 30, 2009, 01:55

hey JJ……why dont you tell your story in the ‘telling our stories’ section…..always great to know more about peoples background if you feel comfortable with that.

I will certainly do that. May take a while. Lots of editing. Could be a bit of a read. I do get a bit carried away ;P

BigPete

Joined in 2008
December 2, 2009, 16:04

I have a question: do you think that sometimes we use our homosexuality (and the not-so clear definitions of these boundaries within a homosexual relationship) as an excuse to justify to ourselves and give self permission to perform actions that may not be acceptable if you are straight? Should the standard be different for gays and straight when God sees us the same?

I think that there are some members of Our Tribe who would use lack of clear specific guidelines to justify certain actions.

I believe we should be careful not to imply that members of Our Tribe are any more/less sexually promiscuous than our hetero-normal friends. I know many many heterosexual people within churches who are sexually active, and they are not within the confines of marriage.

Come to think of it, the idea of someone who has had no sexual experience (gay or straight) before marriage is becoming somewhat of a rarity.

I think the standards ARE different simply because if a heterosexual couple has sex before marriage, it is met with “naughty naughty – but these things are normal.” When it’s someone from Our Tribe, it’s met with “You terrible terrible sinner – you’re an abomination to the Looooooorrrrd

God sees us the same way – but it’s a pitty that so many God-botherers do not.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 3, 2009, 11:46

yep……rowland Croucher has done some research in this area…..there is a double standard they way heterosexual people and gay people are treated in churches.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 3, 2009, 11:47

hey JJ……why dont you tell your story in the ‘telling our stories’ section…..always great to know more about peoples background if you feel comfortable with that.

I will certainly do that. May take a while. Lots of editing. Could be a bit of a read. I do get a bit carried away ;P

Great ……have a read of the guidelines JJ……i’m sure you want people to read your story http://www.freedom2b.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.058 seconds.