Forums

What's your Music style?

Page:   1 2

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 31, 2010, 14:39

Hi Shane and everyone

Oh this has been hard for me to narrow down because I like a wide variety of music and artists. Anyway, here goes:

Favourite musical style – spiritual/world/jazz/soul/acoustic

Favourite artists – Elton John, James Taylor, Bee Gees, Phil Collins (love his balads), Brooke Fraser, Darlene Zschech, Finn brothers, Annie Lennox and lots of artists and power balad bands from the 70s and 80s

Most embarrassing song in music collection – a song called Revival which is on a christian tape. Really daggy!

Most played song at the moment – Sweet Disposition by Tempertrap

sman

Joined in 2009
January 31, 2010, 15:42

So far so many amazing music styles n songs. I love a community like this cause you see what people are listening to and then you can go out n listen to the styles yaself. Might fall in love with em.

I do this with many friends and it gets us opening our minds to the beauty that is around in music. From Hardcore Punk to Classical we can see the amazing creations people create. Im stealing some of your favourite songs to listen to and I cant wait to try find them and then hear em.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 31, 2010, 23:38

Hi Shane

Yes, you’re right about beauty being in so many types of music. It’s such a gift – I can’t imagine living in a world without music (Oh I can hear an Abba song in my head now – Thank you for the music 🙂 . I like your idea of listening to others’ music styles as a way to open the mind and see what else is out there. I’ve already started doing that with this list and with others in my life. It’s a lovely thing to share.

Oh and in relation to your reference to Olivia Newton John, I used to idolise her and wanted to trade my mother in for Olivia! As a young girl, I loved the Xanadu and Grease albums and remember that song Silvery Rain, ? from Xanadu. I also still like Take on me from a-Ha. hehe 😀

Thanks for the topic,

Ann Maree

sman

Joined in 2009
February 1, 2010, 10:55

Ann Maree.

I laughed out loud when I read you wanted to trade your mother in for Olivia. Nice. You could make her sing the whole Xanadu soundtrack to you before you went to sleep.

I was lucky to have a dad who was a singer in the 70’s. So I wouldn’t trade him in however I would have traded my mother in for Benita from Playschool.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
February 1, 2010, 21:29

My favourite music? The ABC Radio News Theme at 7:45am, the Four Corners theme, the ABC NewsRadio jingles, etc. You get the idea!

Despite being a muso of sorts, I really don’t listen intentionally to that much music these days. Tend to be more a news and current affairs junkie.

But, I like most forms of music (“catholic tastes”) except heavy metal and opera solos. (Like the grand choruses ‘though.) Have the on-hold music at work tuned to ABC Jazz (digital station) so that’s often on softly in the background via the phone speaker as I work. Classical music tastes tend to mostly baroque and surrounding eras. I must confess to even listening to “Saturday Night Country” (ABC Local Radio.) When I was in Singapore a bit last year, I found myself listening to and enjoying Lush99.5FM a lot – rightly described as “sexy, sensual, smooth”. (Have that on on-line as I type.) “The Weekend Planet” on ABC Radio National has a great world music selection. Even occasionally listen to CCM – mostly via the Wollongong Christian station (which I can pull in clearly here in inner-Sydney) .

How boring this world would be if we didn’t have the fantasic variety of music to suit all tastes. There’ll be plenty in heaven so we are told.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 1, 2010, 22:00

Hi Shane

You said:

“I laughed out loud when I read you wanted to trade your mother in for Olivia. Nice. You could make her sing the whole Xanadu soundtrack to you before you went to sleep.”

Nice idea, Shane. 🙂 😀 I still laugh too today thinking about the trade-in and am glad it amused you. Mum however was less than pleased when she overheard me telling a girl at school how much I hated her and wanted Olivia instead!! Oh dear!

You said:

“I was lucky to have a dad who was a singer in the 70’s. So I wouldn’t trade him in however I would have traded my mother in for Benita from Playschool”.

My dad used to play occasionally in a jazz band some weekends and he taught himself to play piano and piano accordian with the songs I learnt in the Sing, sing sing program at school. He’d say: “What songs did you do today? and then he’d play by ear and accompany my singing. I have happy memories of learning to sing harmonies and parts with him that way. As a primary school aged child I was also singing songs from his ‘Busker’ books ranging from such classics as ‘Killing Me Softly’ to ‘King of the Road’. hehe 😀

I did like Benita from playschool too but Olivia was more gorgeous. I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 4, 2010, 22:39

My favourite songs at the moment are Rock Your Soul by Elisa and Undisclosed Desires by Muse. I also love Starlight by Muse. 🙂

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.056 seconds.