Forums

What's your Music style?

Page:   1 2

sman

Joined in 2009
January 28, 2010, 00:06

Hey people!

So many of you know I am a musician/singer and lover of good music. I grew up singing classical as a child soprano and then into my teens went on to write church music, indie rock and was in a metal band. In my 20’s I got into dance music but have since moved from there to acoustic, r’n’b, soul and blues rock. I sit however listening to more Soul R’n’B these days but I love it all.

So. I know there is a huge age range on here but I wanna hear people’s selections.

Here’s the question:

1. What’s your favourite musical style.

2. Favourite artist.

3. Most embarrassing song in your music collection

4. Your Number 1 played song on either iTunes or your collection.

Here’s Mine:

1. As Mentioned Soul/R’n’B

2. AΓ―rto Edmundo (Check him on Youtube.) He’s my male voice crush. I would marry his voice if I could.

3. Olivia Newton John’s Magic

4. Take on Me – A-Ha As of Yesterday it changed. Kelly (My Wife) says if people didn’t know you were gay they do now.

Feel free to add more questions if you want. All in good fun. 8)

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
January 28, 2010, 20:39

I’m generally up for any type of music, as long as it’s not heavy metal :p

I’ve even been known to listen to a bit of rap here and there πŸ˜‰

Here are my selections;

1. Instrumental

2. Human Nature

3. Richard Clayderman’s Christmas Carols

4. When You Say You Love Me (Human Nature)

Luckysky

Joined in 2010
January 28, 2010, 21:53

Hey right back!!

1. If I really had to narrow it all down my favourite styles are metal and alternative

2. My fav artists are Andreas Scholl (counter tenor) and Robert Smith. And Serge Tankian on his own.

3. most embarassing song that I’ll admit to is HIM’s version of the Neil Diamond classic ‘Solitary Man’. (though I’ve got a bit of Hillsong I’m not proud of!)

4. This is a hard one – I’m listening to Brand New’s ‘Daisy’ more than anything.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 29, 2010, 02:03

for many years it was contemporary Christian music.

When I came out it was all the gay anthems and dance music….particularly NY House

Now I’ve transitioned to World Music and Chill…….maybe its my age…… πŸ˜€

orfeo

Joined in 2007
January 29, 2010, 16:15

1. I tend to drift into singer/songwriter territory. Some of it gets called ‘alternative’ – how strange is it that ‘alternative’ is now a genre in itself with just as much shelf space in a music shop as ‘mainstream’.

2. Tori Amos. Let’s just say the collection is large.

3. Embarrassing? Oh gosh, I don’t know. Probably something left over from growing up in the 80s. I still have that Spandau Ballet cassette somewhere…

4. I don’t do songs, I do albums. And I don’t normally do them in ways that enable a count!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 30, 2010, 15:02

BTW…..recently fallen in love with Sarah Blasko…..especially her song “All I want” ……….but almost all her songs. Also love her unplugged versions of some oldies like Xanadu and Maybe this time.

I heard she is a former Hillsong girl

pingtimeout

Joined in 2009
January 30, 2010, 21:39

Favourite musical style – Progressive/alternative rock

Favourite artist – Dozens but I’d probably go with Opeth or Gomez.

Most embarrassing song in music collection – Right Said Fred “I’m Too Sexy”

Most played song – “Arriving Somewhere But Not Here” by Porcupine Tree.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
January 30, 2010, 22:36

Postscript: I tend to go more for male artists like Michael Buble … well, I am gay πŸ˜€

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 30, 2010, 23:46

are you πŸ˜€

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
January 31, 2010, 10:02

Yeah, the rumours are true πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ I’m a str8 acting gay christian dude 8)

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.