Forums

where are all the female gay christian?

Page:   1 2

hailey

Joined in 2012
May 31, 2012, 13:11

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site just wanting to say hello and ask the question : where are all the christian lesbians in Sydney? where do you hang out? is there a group on facebook? Wanting to connect with other like minded, spirited and orientated females in Australia.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 31, 2012, 21:02

Welcome Hailey!

Good question. I'm bi and in Melbourne if that counts for anything. I don't identify as Christian anymore but would describe myself as spiritual. Sounds a bit cliche I know. How did you hear about us?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
May 31, 2012, 22:07

Hi Hailey!

Welcome to freedom2b. There are a number of lesbian and bi christian women in Sydney. Some of them come along to freedom2b meetings every so often, others from Sydney post on this forum occaisionally. There are also a few lesbian and bi christian women at MCC Sydney and Crave MCC and a wonderful lesbian Christian Minister runs Balmain Uniting Church. Her name is Nicole Fleming and she spoke at one of our Chapter meetings a few months ago.

One of our Sydney volunteers, Hannah, is looking at starting up a quarterly freedom2b dinner specifically for lesbian and bi women from Christian backgrounds. We'll post more info on the website as it becomes available. 🙂

Ben

hailey

Joined in 2012
June 1, 2012, 00:52

Quote from Ann Maree on May 31, 2012, 9:02 pm

Welcome Hailey!

Good question. I'm bi and in Melbourne if that counts for anything. I don't identify as Christian anymore but would describe myself as spiritual. Sounds a bit cliche I know. How did you hear about us?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Thanks for the welcome ..i think i heard about you either through google or ben's blog.. it was quite awhile ago, took this long to sign up!

hailey

Joined in 2012
June 1, 2012, 00:57

Quote from HillsBen on May 31, 2012, 10:07 pm

Hi Hailey!

Welcome to freedom2b. There are a number of lesbian and bi christian women in Sydney. Some of them come along to freedom2b meetings every so often, others from Sydney post on this forum occaisionally. There are also a few lesbian and bi christian women at MCC Sydney and Crave MCC and a wonderful lesbian Christian Minister runs Balmain Uniting Church. Her name is Nicole Fleming and she spoke at one of our Chapter meetings a few months ago.

One of our Sydney volunteers, Hannah, is looking at starting up a quarterly freedom2b dinner specifically for lesbian and bi women from Christian backgrounds. We'll post more info on the website as it becomes available. 🙂

Ben

Ben, hi there. thanks for all the names! ..

I watched your vids and read your blog. You are so brave and courageous! And THANK YOU for reaching out to brian houston..you play an important historic role in changing the church's view on LGBT people. Thank you for being a spokes person for us.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
June 1, 2012, 09:03

Hi Hailey,

Welcome to F2B, going to a F2B meeting in Sydney would be a good place to start. From there I'm sure they could point you in the right direction, they are an awesome group of people.

God Bless

hailey

Joined in 2012
June 1, 2012, 23:57

Quote from Mother Hen on June 1, 2012, 9:03 am

Hi Hailey,

Welcome to F2B, going to a F2B meeting in Sydney would be a good place to start. From there I'm sure they could point you in the right direction, they are an awesome group of people.

God Bless

Hi Mother Hen, thanks for replying and for the info!

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
June 6, 2012, 10:13

Hi Hailey

Welcome to freedom2b! We are glad you found us 🙂

As you have already discovered we are a very supportive and connected community. Ben has already pointed you in the right direction as to where the Christian lesbians are hiding, lol! My partner Linda and I are in my Melbourne and although we no longer identify as Christians we have a Pentecostal background and have our own 'redifined' beliefs about God. There are some amazing people who are in our community and if you have the opportunity to meet up with them that's a good thing 🙂

Cheers

Michelle

hailey

Joined in 2012
June 6, 2012, 19:06

Quote from Michelle on June 6, 2012, 10:13 am

Hi Hailey

Welcome to freedom2b! We are glad you found us 🙂

As you have already discovered we are a very supportive and connected community. Ben has already pointed you in the right direction as to where the Christian lesbians are hiding, lol! My partner Linda and I are in my Melbourne and although we no longer identify as Christians we have a Pentecostal background and have our own 'redifined' beliefs about God. There are some amazing people who are in our community and if you have the opportunity to meet up with them that's a good thing 🙂

Cheers

Michelle

Thanks for the welcome. Will consider meeting up..not sure. More looking for online interaction first.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 11, 2012, 14:22

A question I have asked myself consistantly Haley since we founded Freedom2b 6 years ago…..and not just gay lesbians but lesbians who are from Christian backgrounds whoare still resolving issues of faith and sexuality or left their faith behind.

the forum here has been a space where we have seen the girls sometimes more active than the guys. I think there is a good mix here nowadays. Gay, lesbian, straight allies with a sprinkling of bi and trans. Not sure we have any "I's" though. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.078 seconds.