Forums

Why I love our forum soooooooooooo much

Page: 1

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 9, 2010, 17:01

I love the space we’ve created here for several reasons.

1. We all needed to connect…….. and the freedom 2 b[e] forum has enabled this space to be created

2. The stories of people like ourselves need to be told……and now that others have told theirs it encourages others to do the same.

3. The tone of our forum is always respectful of each other…..and if it crosses over we apoligise and are forgiving.

4. We can live with difference and ambiguities

5. ……and it operates extremely well by itself these days without me…thanks to all the contributors and moderators.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 9, 2010, 17:42

Hi avb

Happy 2010!! Hope you’re well?

Yes, I agree with those points and like the site for the same reasons. It’s still good to hear from you though. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Ann Maree

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
January 10, 2010, 02:30

do did you put a 6 there for us to come up with another one??

umm like

6. with such a diversity of members you will always find someone you can connect with and be understood by.

pingtimeout

Joined in 2009
January 10, 2010, 05:56

I would agree with all of the above. Congrats to all involved in making this what it is. 🙂

murrayd

Joined in 2009
January 10, 2010, 11:10

7. It makes us as one .It gives us a voice. Thanks AVB from all of us. God Bless

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 10, 2010, 12:15

do did you put a 6 there for us to come up with another one??

umm like

6. with such a diversity of members you will always find someone you can connect with and be understood by.

it was actually an error…..but now I come to think of it maybe I was subsconsciously wondering if other ,members might add to the list from their own insights.

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
January 10, 2010, 15:52

This forum has actually been extremely helpful to me. I would have to think for a while to explain fully how, but it really has been good for me, even just to know that somewhere out there there are people who care about me. Obviously people here care about me too, but I mean care about me as a gay guy. I feel like most people around here ignore that aspect of my self, which at times is okay and at other times frustrating. It’s just that I’d rather be loved for who I am rather than loved for who I’m not, and here I know for sure that I am loved for who I am.

And I’ve also made a really good friend here. 🙂 Hyde and I are still in contact with each other, although we have long since taken our conversations off the boards. We talk mostly on chat now. But yeah, we’re still getting along great. It’s awesome because I probably never would’ve met him if not for these boards. 🙂 And, just throwing this point out there, neither Hyde nor I are Australian. This board allows F2b’s ministry to reach far beyond Australia.

cow shoes

Joined in 2007
January 10, 2010, 15:56

I would just like to say how I am so uplifted and often encouraged by this site. I found Anthony’s book by accident several years ago in the midst of great personal turmoil, a pentecostal Christian for more than 35 years and about to reveal my true identity. Just to know there were others like me was unbelievably encouraging, as many of you know the journey can be a lonely and angst ridden one. I don’t post as often as I should or could but I login nearly every day to read the latest stories or discussions. I guess I am a bit older than many of those who post but there are so many things in common with all our stories. I am glad many of you have been able to come to terms with who you are at a younger age and have been spared the pain of pretence with all its agonising effects on a spouse and children. This is a wonderful site and long may it continue to offer support, encouragement and a place of safety for discussion for those of us who acknowledge the difficulties of being a Christian from a fundamentalist background and gay.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 10, 2010, 23:48

another one…..I love this space we’ve created because its a place of healing.

I wonder what all the lurkers/observers/readers only think……..now is your time to say something.

I have an idea…..those of us who are out….and on facebook…….post the link to this thread on your status update.

BTW…..traffic has really increased of late when people did that.

In the last month

Visits

Page Views

* 00:07:33

Avg. Time on Site

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.07 seconds.