Joined in 2008
April 6, 2008, 20:12

“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”

– Douglas Adams

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 7, 2008, 08:43

😆 😆 Thats me and High School in a nutshell LOL.

jenaz

Joined in 2007
April 10, 2008, 07:06

Just wanted to thank all the lovely people who have responded to Jon’s research questions – both here on the forum and those who have sent replies to his email address. He came to see me at school yesterday (in between his half yearly exams) and was so amazed that so many had responded. He just couldnt believe how open and honest you were with him – he really is just so thrilled and now ready to get on with analysing his findings and writing his report. Thanks so much. Will let you know how he gets on.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 10, 2008, 15:08

thats fantastic……does he need any more. I’ve been too busy to respond. I’m thrilled that so many have……both personally and on the forum as you say.

Andrew Jones

Joined in 2008
April 10, 2008, 16:45

Hi folks

Gutsy effort on Jon’s behalf to research the topic. Well done champ!

I would like to contribute if I can and provide some answers.

1. I no longer go to church. I find traditional churches and their liturgy very boring and dry. All the symbology is lost on me. Coming from a Pentecostal church I like lively worship and intelligent preaching but find they have become more about performance and a refined production machine. I also find the Pente chuches attitude toward gays as abominable

2. Don’t go to church and don’t feel accepted or welcome.

3. I don’t seek the approval of the church anymore in regard to my sexuality.

4. In terms of my wellbeing I can say they have fucked with my head and my health. They have much to answer for in their attitude toward gays and the pain and suffering they have caused. I knew of 3 guys who committed suicide in the space of two years . Each suicide was related to their sexuality. I knew these guys and spent time with them. Nothing was ever said and their memoryforgotten.

5. Yes I have a relationship with Jesus. he is a bit quiet though!

6. Being gay is not about choice. It is about acceptance of your sexuality and then embracing it to the full despite the churches poor attitude

7. The bible verses are always used by Christians but they tend to be used by Christians that are biblically illiterate. The 2 verses you mention don’t actually address homosexuality directly. Leviticus definiately needs to be read in the context of its time. The verse can not be isolated without considering all the other ridiculous verses that are no longer followed. Romans speaks to Christians that have no love for God and have willfully turned away from God.

8. 100Revs statement is a start toward reconciling the church to the gay community. I know one of the founders personally I know his heart on the issues at hand. It is my belief that Mike Hercock is a godly man being Christ to our local community.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 10, 2008, 17:38

Welcome to F2B Andrew 😀 and awesome to have you share on here too, it all helps so much.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 10, 2008, 23:05

“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”

– Douglas Adams

sometimes you crack me up…..this was one of them

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 10, 2008, 23:06

yes Mr Jones…….thanks for your input. 😀

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
April 11, 2008, 02:11

There are some amazing answers from everybody to all these questions! HI ANDREW!!! Good to have you here! 😀 😀

I hope we get to see the final report! Im interested to see how it turns out! 😉

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
April 11, 2008, 21:33

Well, I think we can thank Mr. Adams for that one, Anthony 😀 . He was a funny man…

Unfortunately, most of my wit seems to come from quotations. I really do have a quote for every situation – even this one 😀 :

“She had a pretty gift for quotation, which is a serviceable substitute for wit.”

– W. Somerset Maugham

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.076 seconds.