23, M, bisexual questioning, In a pentecostal church

Page:   1 2 3

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
September 11, 2008, 18:49

——————————————————————————–

magsdee!

Thanks for the mental image! Oh, I needed that!

LOL Sr Meg 😆 it does present one doesnt it 😉 I dare youuuu 8)

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
September 11, 2008, 19:09

Placebo: It can be terrible feeling that you are all alone in your struggles, that there is not one person to talk to.

Isnt it good that F2B can give people a sense of belonging and a voice if they wish to speak, regardless of where they are and what they believe 😀 andddddd a person can remain completely anonymous if they wish until they are ready to come out, its just so good. Amazing how when we write things out and share how much clarity we can get at times.

lloydjones

Joined in 2006
September 11, 2008, 19:27

Well mate, you are in the right place. Welcome! I havent been on for a week or so, so I might be a tad late with the welcome!

I think we all have just burnt bridges and walked away, maybe even a few times. I am still trying to grasp concepts and not reject everything from the church. The whole God and church thing is hard to just seperate too.

I am so sad to hear about the kind of story like the video of a guy destroying something that represented a gay guy. So much damage when they probably didnt even realise..

Keep up the posts, lots of great people here to talk things through with

Lloyd

Sandy

Joined in 2007
September 11, 2008, 20:34

don’t see homosexuality as a problem.. but I know what you guys are trying to say.. maybe there is a better way to explain it? Probably a lot of people don’t want this particular “problem” fixed

*smacks forehead* Sorry! I didn’t mean it like that, I got carried away with the whole admitting bit I forgot the “problem” bit of the anology. 🙄 It wasn’t my intent to portray homosexuality as something in need of fixing per se. What I meant was the denial, the pretending and the depression etc that stems from it is the “problem” that needs to be achknowledged. Whether or not homosexuality is a problem in and of itself is a debate best left off this site I have discovered… finally 😆 Oh Anthony would be proud; it only took me what… three years?

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
September 11, 2008, 21:06

sorry.. ostrich approach? I duno what that means

[pretending that a problem doesn’t really exist, when in fact it does.

Perhaps my use of the word “problem” was a bit overstated 😳 – “issue” might be a better word 8) I’m with Sandy et al in the sense that homosexuality doesn’t need “fixing” per se, but, as I’m currently discovering, if certain things (read issues) are not resolved in one’s life, they can (and will) raise their ugly heads eg depression.

BTW, magsdee’s imagery of fluffing yourself up certainly cheered me up a bit 😆

Placebo, I know how it feels to be completely isolated – when I left my church, all contact was cut off and my social network of friends was virtually wiped out overnight – literally! Not exactly a good position to be in when your’re still in the closet. Anyways, it’s just great to know this forum is here when you need some encouragement and inspiration 😉

Placebo

Joined in 2008
September 12, 2008, 19:46

Or it could also mean when things get a bit in your face, throw on lots of Boa’s, fluff yourself up(like an ostrich), scream and do the bolt, veryyyyyy fastttt

by bolt do u mean run? or is it some kind of dance i haven’t heard of… 😛

Opening these issues up has done wonders in a short period of time.. Beginning to think and feel differently day to day. A welcome change from the same routine psychological cycle from day to day, week to week. Not exactly sure how to explain it all at the moment.. but it’s a relief nonetheless.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
September 12, 2008, 19:56

Thats really great Placebo 😀 makes a difference doesnt it when we can open up our personal doors.

The bolt??? Yes 😀 its run and a fast track kind of run too 😉

Placebo

Joined in 2008
January 31, 2009, 17:19

Hi all,

I haven’t posted for awhile but was just realising, that things are actually getting better in my mind, and in turn, my life..

Obviously there are many pieces to the puzzle but I would say that I owe some of it to AVB and Freedom 2 b..

Although it might have only been a few emails and some forum posts I still think it helped a lot, seeing as I knew virtually no one who I could talk to about sexuality VS religion.

So I would just like to say thank you

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 1, 2009, 00:07

you’ve identified the killer Placebo……isolation and alienation which means we struggle to sort things out ourselves and feel like we must be the only ones.

When we are dealing with all that trumoil and shame its hard to look at things realistically and objectively…..when I look back now at some of my thinking over those 22 years I think how ludicrous and insane.

Aren’t you glad we created this space. There is no excuse for anyone to be alone on this journey any more…..if they know of our existence….and yet refuse to connect…..they they are making their lives that much more difficult.

And here….you can remain annonymous share your thoughts…..and take as much time as you need to sort things out.

I think we all need to remember the words……freely you have recieved….now freely give.

Placebo

Joined in 2008
February 1, 2009, 12:15

Aren’t you glad we created this space. There is no excuse for anyone to be alone on this journey any more…..if they know of our existence….and yet refuse to connect…..they they are making their lives that much more difficult.

yes, I am glad..

It was hard to accept even the possibility of homosexuality at one stage, let alone accept it outright. Although I am not 100% certain of my sexuality, I am coming to understand that it is OK to question.

I have found that sexuality is not a choice. Articles, videos and homosexual people I have talked to all agree that it is most definitely not a choice. It is a quality that is ingrained into certain people.

Another thing I have found is that the majority of prejudice and discrimination stems from man made religious indoctrination that claim homosexuality is a sin. But how can something that is not a choice be a sin? It’s like saying its a sin to be black, a jew or left handed!

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.081 seconds.