Forums

A letter to and reply from a local AOG Pastor

Page:   1 2 3 4

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 2, 2009, 15:39

Aargh. The LIFESTYLE word.

My number one bugbear.

As a lesbian on another message board once said, her lifestyle consists of going to work 5 days a week, church on Sunday, and spending a lot of her spare time gardening. She’s still trying to work out which part of that is the evil lifestyle she’s not supposed to promote.

That’s great, Orfeo! Love it.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 2, 2009, 15:40

Apologies to those whose marriages and families were destroyed as a result of our actions. We will try to be more careful in the future.

Scott McKinnon Balmain

😆 😆 😆 Good one!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 3, 2009, 00:10

sorry I haven’t gotten back to you Mazdragon……been flat out….have much to do before I head off to the US in 9 days. maybe I’ll give you a buzz

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 3, 2009, 01:50

That’s okay avb no rush. 🙂

blackjack

Joined in 2009
November 3, 2009, 20:18

I wish – or, if I had a partner, I’d go visit every mainline church in Sydney together. I want to push this, to the pastor AND the congregation. Being taught about our ‘crimes’ is one thing – seeing us in action is another.

If the Lord has taught me anything, it is that them and I – we are the same Christians. Where is our sin? Personally, if we show our personal witness, it would more likely produce results.

I don’t think the pastor is implying that we have to hetero-appearing – and I wouldn’t obey that directive if he was. There’s nothing to hide, especially when one’s life is directed by Christian character. It’s better to be an open heretic, and it’s beginning to offend my conscience to hide the truth.

My current Newtown fellowship is similar (perhaps better). I think I can attend, even with a partner, but their theology is still in line with Sydney Anglicans. The morning congregation is much more accepting, according to my pastor. The evening congregation, I know, contains young hot-bloods afire with the gospel. 🙄 Ah… to be young in Christ again. 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 3, 2009, 21:23

Hey blackjack….will you be joining us this friday night

oooooo

Joined in 2006
November 4, 2009, 09:32

you know …………..

sometimes i think the most effective way to display us in a true light

we are no different to any heterosexual

simply human

is to start a church/churches/ministries and let our public witness do the humble talking

not be distracted with proving certain points or petty arguments

but simply live the life we want to and are meant to

be inclusive of all people

to be Jesus to the world

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 4, 2009, 10:02

I guess you are talking about ‘normal’ church….that just happens to accept everyone SGLBTTIQQ……..and not a ‘gay’ church.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 4, 2009, 13:27

I guess you are talking about ‘normal’ church….that just happens to accept everyone SGLBTTIQQ……..and not a ‘gay’ church.

I think that ‘gay’ churches like MCC have their place and purpose, but a ‘normal’ (is there such a thing?) church would be a powerful witness. I’d start one, however the Sunny Coast is not the easiest place in which to get Christian GLBTIQ ppl to come out of the woodwork.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
November 4, 2009, 21:06

well

no i dont mean a ‘normal’ church

cos they are far too restrictive and lacking

(in my opinion)

and i dont mean a gay church either

they are the same

althou reach a part of the pop that the mainstream generally dont without rules etc

i wont go into it here but i use to have visions, multiple visions about churches, and they had much more and different “types” of people, and that was when i was living the straight life and would not let myself even consider my true self (being gay)

when i use to share them with others, leaders, pastors etc they just could not digest what i shared (that is not a shot at them, i guess it was not their vision/dream so how could they?)

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.065 seconds.