Forums

A letter to and reply from a local AOG Pastor

Page:   1 2 3 4

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 4, 2009, 21:20

Sounds like heaven. Is that what you mean, a vision of heaven??

Ann Maree

oooooo

Joined in 2006
November 4, 2009, 22:30

no not exactly

my visions are varied

depends on alot of things, i have quite a few at different times,

some/most are of other people, most i know, of situations in their lives (that i did not know naturally), so i simply pray thru that scenario (sometimes they are bad circumstances and i pray breakthru or whatever, sometimes they are good)

for example once, when i was mowing my mother’s lawn, minding my own business, not praying, not worshipping/singing to God or anything, i had a sudden vision, a dear friend of mine had committed suicide and i saw his wife and 3 young boys all dressed in black

i immediately prayed what i thought to pray against, when i felt the urgency leave, i went back to my mowing

two days later, he phoned me

wanted to have coffee

and a long story cut short

i told him what he was going to do, he was amazed i knew, and i said it stoped on such and such a day and he said yes and he had been free of it ever since (it use to haunt him terribly as it turns out)

but in this instance – church – (i have had a number of them, extremely similar to each other)

i saw people of all cultures, sizes, shapes, male, female, all loving each other, worshiping, doing good for others and in amongst them were drag queens or trannies (hope my nickname is not offensive to anyone)

no one judged them or anyone else, all were in great harmony and acceptance of each other

sounds too good to be true but it was just so real each time,

it was not one like angels flying in the clouds or anything like that

it was always very realistic, very practical

but with masses of joy, the presence of God all over me, and often they came with “words in my heart/soul”

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 4, 2009, 22:38

Yeah sounds like heaven to me. πŸ˜€

oooooo

Joined in 2006
November 5, 2009, 09:05

πŸ˜€

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 5, 2009, 12:13

I’ve had one too. Not sure I’ll share it here but I’ve shared it with several minister friends including Brian Houston. The reaction has always been positive.

Some of it is already happening but one event still to come. I believe it will.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 6, 2009, 01:44

I replied to Ps. R (Queensland) email tonight, and will let everyone know if I get a reply. I thanked him for not hitting me with the clobber passages and included the following dot points in my reply. I am hoping none of this gives him offense. They are just things I felt I needed to say or ask him.

β€’ I believe that sex outside of committed relationships is often unhealthy and does not nurture all involved. Therefore I live in a committed, monogamous relationship with my partner which we have, as far as it is legal for us in this country, made as official and legal as possible. We sealed our relationship in the presence of witnesses, with a commitment ceremony in 2006. We have registered our relationship with centerlink, to our financial detriment. If the federal or state Government legalises same sex civil unions we would also go that step further and register the relationship as a legal partnership. We don’t expect a church to recognise or validate our relationship if it is outside what that church teaches, but we don’t expect it to be denigrated either since under common law we are considered to be spouses.

β€’ You said in your reply to me that: “If a person is not yet married but living together with someone else we would welcome them to come. If however they began to promote that kind of lifestyle in the church as β€œChristian” that would create a problem for us.” Does that mean you are in support of legally recognised partnerships, or civil unions for same-sex couples?

Β· I do not promote the way that I live as being a “Christian” way of life, in fact, I don’t “promote” my way of life any more than I think you or any other heterosexual promotes being straight and or married. At the same time, I do not believe I am living an immoral life. I would be lying if I should say I did believe that. I do not like to lie or bear false witness, so I would be honest if asked about my relationship and would let people know I am in a committed relationship with a same sex partner. Not to promote it, or push an agenda, but simply because that is the truth.

Β· I am in agreement with Peggy Campolo and many sincere, devoted Christians who call on same-sex attracted people to either remain celibate, or to commit to monogamous and committed long term partnerships which are similar to marriage, and where it is legally possible, to marry.

————————————————————————-

Of course all of the things I said in these dot points are

my opinions except for where stated otherwise and I don’t expect everyone to agree with me or even to embrace any of them. Everyone needs to reach their own conclusions on these matters. πŸ™‚

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 6, 2009, 08:59

you done good Meg….you done good.

respectful and honest

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 12, 2009, 03:28

I got a reply from Ps. R yesterday.

He ignored the majority of my email and just wrote a very terse response about Marriage being between a man and a woman, adding:

People living a different lifestyle to what the bible says may feel uncomfortable in churches if they do not agree with this (homosexuality is sin) as it will be preached and taught.

So like…”Go to hell,” right?

I don’t believe this man and I have anything else to say to each other. πŸ˜₯ 😑 😑

Yeah, you better believe I am mad. *restrains herself from replying*

I’ll just keep going to my welcoming and affirming Spiritualist church and continue to assert it is very sad when the church considered ‘satanic’ and ‘evil’ is more loving than the so called christian one.

πŸ™ πŸ™

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.