Forums

a life of a transsexual

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Figment

Joined in 2008
January 13, 2009, 17:47

Hi Leece, I read your story coz I don’t know anything about transsexuals, having never actually met one. I’ll admit that I used to believe that if someone has a Y chromosome that makes them male, whether they like it or not 😳 (easy for me to say, having both X chromosomes lol 😆 ). What you have said proves me to be completely wrong. I agree that education will solve so many problems with discrimination, and I hope you find acceptance as more people hear your story.:D

This reminds me of something that was mentioned in art history class last year (I’m a tafe student) which you and (perhaps especially) Kinkly may find interesting: I can’t remember how it came up, but my lecturer mentioned a book about someones theory that there are actually about 9 different genders, because there is more to gender than what bits & genes you have, its also about the way you think and identify yourself. I cant remember the title or author, I’ll have to find out (and let you know if you’re interested) asap. I’ll also try to find and read your story Kinkly. 😀

leece

Joined in 2007
January 14, 2009, 22:50

Hi Frgment

i would like to know more on that book.

there is a lot of us out there but mosty are hard to tell they were of the other sex.

i would write some more but under presure at the moment i ma doing my bosses job for a week lots of fun not. hehehehe

leece

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 15, 2009, 20:13

yes it does sound interesting…….haven’t got time to do any more reading….but if someone wants to write a review or summarise here that would be great.

maybe Sandy has come across it in her studies.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
January 15, 2009, 22:01

maybe Sandy has come across it in her studies

I’m going to claim brain overload on this one, I have a 4000 word paper on Jurgen Habermas due in two weeks so I’m not up for more than general chat. When I surface to the real world later on I will look into it. Doesn’t ring a bell though. I tend to limit alot of my personal study to things that dirrectly affect me though because there is so much of it. Chances are I havn’t read it but I probably have come across a few references. It would be helpful if someone could come up with the name of the book or the theorist behind it then I could look up a journal article and summarise. Trouble is you can’t put

someones theory that there are actually about 9 different genders, because there is more to gender than what bits & genes you have, its also about the way you think and identify yourself

into psycINFO or AusQuest because you would get over a million results and the one you want probably wouldn’t be in there. 😆 😆

brandy

Joined in 2009
July 12, 2009, 16:48

A question for you. From what I’ve found out about 50% of MTF are attracted to the opposite sex and the other 50% to the same. Indicating that sexual orientation wiring is possible separate from gender identity. Is this what you have found as well.

Hi abv et al – i.e. everyone,

(I’m an FTM,55, I was born Anne and am now Andrew – story follows later)

this is my very first post here, I couldn’t resist answering the question.

Now, this is my experience and some of the learning I did for my Psychology BA. Other’s may understand things differently.

If you prefer not to wade through points preceding #6 you are welcome to pass g 1 -5 ,collect $100 and go straight home – 6

All babies begin life in the womb as female and at the appropriate time, when the ‘Y” chromosone is meant to kick in, it either does or doesn’t according to the levels of androgen or oestrogen in the womb and of course what our God desires for us to experience.

1. Brain sex/Gender and or Anatomical Sex.

Most Transgender and Transsexual people are mtf, since anatomy has the habit of going too far, rather than just enough, therefore more babies develope unwanted male genetalia than do those who wish for it but don’t have it – ftm’s.

2. The proof for this are those like my wife who was born an hermaphrodite – she fathered twin daughters and when tested was found to have viable overies, she was raised male in the 50’s but knew straight away that she was female.

The incidence of ambigulous genetailia is quite high so quite a few transsexuals are anatomically not quite fully one or the other. Ditto for heterosexuals. Our gender desides. -Gender is that which integrates us because in our souls we are as we would be, then are as we have become or confirmed. Gay Souls, lesbian souls, trans souls, male souls female souls – simply just say here am I and I am – not to confuse ourselves with the Great I Am – ducked flying eggs

3. Everyone is born having anatomy, sex and gender though not all line up the way we need them to. So you can have women who are men and the otherway around

4. Wanting and having children is a desire unrelated to our gender though depends on us possessing a functional body of one or the other.

5. Anatomical Sex and Gender are unrelated to our ability or desire to have children. As it is for those who are glbqi

6. Indicating that sexual orientation wiring is possible separate from gender -yes indeedy

I guess what you really wanted is an answer to your question regarding the incidence of gay and lesbian people in our community – the percentages may not be as high as 50/50 but to be transpeople who are gay or lesbian seems to be about 20% of our small population. I know several men and women who are.

brandy

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 12, 2009, 18:50

Hey Brandy, welcome to f2b 😀 looking forward to reading your story.

Thanks for answering that question and providing more information (with cute humor along the way) 😉 its all very interesting and important to understand so thankyou.

brandy

Joined in 2009
July 12, 2009, 19:00

Hi Mags,

love the roses.

Yes, I am heaps pleased to be here, it’s been a while since I have attended a forum like this one and they seem to have made progress since I began my coming out. 😛

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 13, 2009, 14:52

that was great Brandy….I’ve taken the liberty of separating your story. I’m pretty sure you can edit the title if you want.

you succint explanations are very helpful. particularly liked the separation of

1. Anatomy

2. sexual orientation

3. gender

Seems like you will be a person we can always call on for some clarification. Whilst many gay and lesbian people have a reasonable understanding of sexual orientation issues I often find that we are quite ignorant of tansgender issues.

I notices you use the word hermaphrodite ……I was of the understanding that this was politcially incorrect these days and have pulled people up on it. I thought the term is now intersex….could you please clarify that for me.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 13, 2009, 21:45

awww lovely rose, my g/f is nuts about them 😀 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 14, 2009, 01:38

I guess what you really wanted is an answer to your question regarding the incidence of gay and lesbian people in our community – the percentages may not be as high as 50/50 but to be transpeople who are gay or lesbian seems to be about 20% of our small population. I know several men and women who are.

thanks Brandy…..that is much lower than I was told previously. Like many people I’m sure…..I assumed that all MTF were sexually oriented towards men.

is there any research on this you can point me to for further reading.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.114 seconds.