A question for you. From what I’ve found out about 50% of MTF are attracted to the opposite sex and the other 50% to the same. Indicating that sexual orientation wiring is possible separate from gender identity. Is this what you have found as well.
Hi abv et al – i.e. everyone,
(I’m an FTM,55, I was born Anne and am now Andrew – story follows later)
this is my very first post here, I couldn’t resist answering the question.
Now, this is my experience and some of the learning I did for my Psychology BA. Other’s may understand things differently.
If you prefer not to wade through points preceding #6 you are welcome to pass g 1 -5 ,collect $100 and go straight home – 6
All babies begin life in the womb as female and at the appropriate time, when the ‘Y” chromosone is meant to kick in, it either does or doesn’t according to the levels of androgen or oestrogen in the womb and of course what our God desires for us to experience.
1. Brain sex/Gender and or Anatomical Sex.
Most Transgender and Transsexual people are mtf, since anatomy has the habit of going too far, rather than just enough, therefore more babies develope unwanted male genetalia than do those who wish for it but don’t have it – ftm’s.
2. The proof for this are those like my wife who was born an hermaphrodite – she fathered twin daughters and when tested was found to have viable overies, she was raised male in the 50’s but knew straight away that she was female.
The incidence of ambigulous genetailia is quite high so quite a few transsexuals are anatomically not quite fully one or the other. Ditto for heterosexuals. Our gender desides. -Gender is that which integrates us because in our souls we are as we would be, then are as we have become or confirmed. Gay Souls, lesbian souls, trans souls, male souls female souls – simply just say here am I and I am – not to confuse ourselves with the Great I Am – ducked flying eggs
3. Everyone is born having anatomy, sex and gender though not all line up the way we need them to. So you can have women who are men and the otherway around
4. Wanting and having children is a desire unrelated to our gender though depends on us possessing a functional body of one or the other.
5. Anatomical Sex and Gender are unrelated to our ability or desire to have children. As it is for those who are glbqi
6. Indicating that sexual orientation wiring is possible separate from gender -yes indeedy
I guess what you really wanted is an answer to your question regarding the incidence of gay and lesbian people in our community – the percentages may not be as high as 50/50 but to be transpeople who are gay or lesbian seems to be about 20% of our small population. I know several men and women who are.