Forums

Christian Spiritual Churches

Page:   1 2 3

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
December 23, 2008, 16:02

I am posting this here, because I just found out today that there is a spiritual church just in the next town over from where I live, and I am considering making a visit there for one of their services.

I don’t know a whole lot about Spiritualist churches, apart from the long tall sallies I was told about them when I was attending a pentecostal church.

Does anyone know much about them? I feel a need to be involved in a spiritual community of some type, and my main question is about their stance on homosexuality, I guess.

I don’t want to hear all the negative things people might have heard about this church. I’d rather just hear where I can find out more. I tried beliefnet.com but they didn’t have much on it.

And yes, I am aware that this church is involved with psychics and mediums. If I had a problem with that, I wouldn’t be considering a visit. After all my mother was a medium, and my elder sister is a psychic. *shrugs* I don’t consider them to be the bogeys that some people might. 😀

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
December 28, 2008, 18:09

The spiritualist church I attended years ago (and ways I followed for 2yrs) had great people but the focus was on psychic readings of flowers etc… strange methods of healing and sorts, they use the name of Jesus but Im not into pyschic things and getting in touch with spiritual guides of all sorts in the ether and dead people and being one with the universe but always best to check it out for yourself and make up your own mind. 😉 I love being the Christian I am today 😀

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
December 28, 2008, 21:11

I’m going to pay a visit, maybe tomorrow night. I just feel the need for some connection to a group spiritually and everything else is too far away, or too scary. I’m more scared of a mainstream Christian church than I am of psychic readings of flowers, would you believe? 😆

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
December 29, 2008, 07:19

LOL 😆 Now if that doesnt say something, I dont know what 😯

Hopefully it isnt the same as what I went to and they are affirming, I think some of the Churches of Christ are affirming. ❓

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
December 29, 2008, 12:35

I was attending a church of Christ in Brisbane that was affirming, but it is too far away now that I have moved up to the Sunshine Coast. It was taking us most of the day getting there and back and with both of us suffering various forms of arthritis and stuff…well, you know how it gets, I’m sure. 🙂

Do you know if Spiritualist churches are affirming, or were you just hoping this one is?

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
December 29, 2008, 12:52

In general Im not sure so it will be interesting.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 29, 2008, 14:02

I have gay friends who attend a Spiritualist church in Drummoyne Sydney…..their sexuality and relationship have never been an issue.

I guess it can always depend on the congregation and individual.

I think we can find genuinely spiritual people in any group or congregation……and also others that are less enlightened.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
December 29, 2008, 15:27

I’m just going to visit and play things by ear. I won’t barge in trumpeting my orientation, but not make any secret of it should the subject of partners arise.

I’ll keep you posted.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
December 29, 2008, 17:46

I think we can find genuinely spiritual people in any group or congregation……and also others that are less enlightened.

Yeh absolutely.

Let us know Magz for sure.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
December 30, 2008, 12:22

I went up to Beerwah last night to attend the meeting and there was no one there. I suppose they must have closed down over the Christmas New Year period. I will try calling before I go next time. 😆

Anthony, how do you find the courage to attend Hills CLC? I am literally terrified to set foot inside any mainstream church lest they ‘find out’ about me, which they would eventually, because I don’t make a secret of who I am.

I hate conflict of any kind and that is probably what keeps me from going to any church unless I am–relatively–sure they will not abuse me or clobber me with those certain Bible passages.

How do you do it? *sigh*

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.074 seconds.