Forums

Christian Spiritual Churches

Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 4, 2009, 04:05

There were actually several attempts to return to church which were not consistent. I actually felt that my experience with God had become so rich out of the church I didn’t really see any need to attend.

Sorry for the sidebar AVB, but can I ask what drove your attempts to return to church? I know that in returning you’ve found ministry and opportunity to make big differences, but what was is that you missed or needed or wanted? You said when you left you felt like you’d resolved things, but after 6 years what was it that made you want to put things aside and try to go back?

thats ok….you can ask any questions……and most of them I’ll be able to answer…. 😆 😆 😆 ….if I can.

I think the only way I can describe the several attempts was that it was more like a calling…..there was nothing I needed, missed or wanted as far as I’m conscious of. As I mentioned before……I discovered such a profound spiritual experience outside the city walls. Mind you…..the other previous 22 years inside the city walls was also not without profound spiritual experiences.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 6, 2009, 13:26

I managed to get in touch with the pastor of the church by phone yesterday. I was struck by the gentleness of her voice on the phone. Services recommence next week and I have decided I will visit. I’m looking forward to this.

Just thought I would update here in case anyone was wondering. 🙂

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 13, 2009, 00:05

Well, I attended the Spiritualist Church near my home tonight and I really enjoyed it. It was very low-key and relaxed. Everyone sat in a circle, not in rows like most churches I have attended. There was some singing. (not christian hymns like we might be used to. We sang a Lionel Ritchie song, and one by Paulmac, and for the offering we sang Bette Middler’s “The Rose” There was some guided meditation and prayers for the sick.

Then the guest speaker gave a talk about “Poverty Consciousness” which I found really interesting. He then gave a short ‘reading’ to each person which I found to be not unlike when evangelists in Pentecostal Churches operate in “Word of Knowledge” wisdom. I took most of what he said to me with a grain of salt.

After the service there was coffee and tea and nibblies (again, not unlike any other church) Talking with the pastor and co-minister, I mentioned that I have a lot of issues with pain and the co-minister asked if she could do some ‘hands on healing’ for me. That’s not unfamiliar, as I have a sister who is a Reiki practitioner, so I agreed.

This woman did wonders for me! Within minutes of her placing her hands on my shoulders. (not massage, just resting her hands there) all of the pain began to ease away.

She guided me through some meditation to manage pain which I will definitely use at home! She also said some things to me during that which were spot on and again reminded me of “Word of Knowledge/Wisdom” type stuff.

The verdict? I will go back again. I felt uplifted, and energized afterward and I need more of that in my life. 😀

Just thought people would like to know how it went.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
January 13, 2009, 08:11

Sounds great Magz 😀

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 13, 2009, 14:39

possibly a reminder to us all mazdragon that God is everyone and can work through anyone……even situations and people we once may have labelled demonic….. 😆

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 13, 2009, 15:40

possibly a reminder to us all mazdragon that God is everyone and can work through anyone……even situations and people we once may have labelled demonic….. 😆

😆 So true, Anthony. I couldn’t imagine the person that I used to be would ever have set foot inside a Spiritualist Church, but I had a deep sense that ‘God’ was in that place last night.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
January 13, 2009, 19:01

well my car is back on the road now meg

so will go with you next time, so let me know when you are going again.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 13, 2009, 19:52

well my car is back on the road now meg

so will go with you next time, so let me know when you are going again.

I am planning to go again next Monday night, if you’d like to come along then I am sure you’d be very welcome!

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.