Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Boi70

Joined in 2007
January 11, 2011, 16:33

That is awesome! 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 17, 2011, 12:09

I have put this back up the top as a sticky so it doesn’t get lost and bumped back to other pages.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 17, 2011, 13:16

Great idea, avb. Thanks for that. It’s such a great resource for so many at our site.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 17, 2011, 18:26

yep I bumped it off as a sticky for a while as i wanted to make sure people who read discussion were aware that it exists and that it ended up no1 on a google search.

Craig_Maynard

Joined in 2007
March 30, 2011, 01:15

🙂 When ever I am feeling a little flat… I just go to this sticky space “Coming out to Christian Parents” by Ben on Freedom 2 B and just re-read everything… what a massive and marvelous blessings.

We struggle everyday, all the time, 24/7 for what and who we are. And we sometimes forget about God’s love for us as individuals and I remember when Ben first wrote that years ago… there was this little panic inside and realising that hey, this is Ben;s life and it really made me question what I was thinking and all I think was lets get behind Ben and pray.

I don’t think I ever forget those prayers… it kind of stuck with me as I just did my panic with God and begging that everything will be ok for Ben. Getting strung up and it’s so funny how our lives and negative experiences come to the front and all I could say was… is there a way to make this really positive for Ben.

The outcome was just beautiful and I still get tears… tears of joy. I actually got to meet him at PFLAG where he and both hs gorgeous parents shared what happened…. and I said to him that I was so proud of him and that things worked out for God’s good!

Thanks Ben for sharing and thanks everyone for adding and saying positive stuff… its the things that makes us all so strong and united. A small miracle and an amazing outcome.

There… I feel so much better for re-reading it.

Hugs and blessings.

Craig.

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
April 30, 2011, 11:18

Just to show you some of the amazing progress that has been made and just how far my parents have come….here are some photos of them from the 2011 Sydney Mardi Gras Parade. 🙂 😀

My Mum & Shane (below)

My Mum & Me (below)

Mum, Me & Dad (below)

Dad (below)

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 30, 2011, 16:14

cool……yep they have come along way…..and your openness and honesty have helped them take that journey.

I remember your dad saying at our freedom 2 b[e] meeting that your coming out helped him and your mum not only be more understanding of gay and lesbian people but it had actually changed their outlook on different cultures and races as well. they had become all round accepting people I believe.

I am going to put the link to this thread on my twitter and FB wall.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 30, 2011, 16:24

it will be good to see them at the anniversary dinner on Friday…..its becoming a bit of a Mardi Gras reunion as well.

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
May 1, 2011, 01:27

I love your folks as if they were my very own.

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
May 3, 2011, 22:28

Thanks everyone!!

And before I came out I used to think they would throw me out of home if they knew. I underestimated my parents love for me.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.106 seconds.