Forums

Diversity or Black and White

Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 7, 2010, 10:09

Even if you believe the Genesis record of creation you’ll see that God did not create a black and white world of male and female. Creation is not black and white, it is amazingly diverse, like a rainbow, including sexualities and a variety of non-heterosexual expressions of behaviour, affection and partnering occurring in most species, including humans. The ability to reproduce is only a small part of the creation. Before God created male and female he made an even more important statement; ‘it is not good for mankind to be alone’. This is fundamental to all heterosexual and same-sex relationships. Lasting relationships are based on love, trust and commitment, not sex or reproduction. So stop with the ‘God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve’ quote already. It’s boring and an insult to the creator of this incredible universe.

man in confusion

Joined in 2009
January 7, 2010, 11:43

Hello AVB, hope you have spent wonderful new year..You know , your way of writing is very mature indeed and indicates the value of journey you have passing through and i guess you personally have also more and more to share which you should continuously contribute.

The above is all clear.Relationships are fundamental to maturity of human kind regardless of their sexual orientation or preference.For me , it is the sexual ACTING that is annoying me( and not the orientation ) which keeps me bounded and at same time motivated to search through and looking for answer.You have succeeded in marrying and having siblings and Fatherhood is something unique.It wasn’t easy.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 9, 2010, 16:09

When you say acting…….do you have a sexual addiction or are you plagued with fanatasies……this would be very different to expressing love to your same sex partner in a physical way.

I know that for years my sexual addiction totally clouded my view of my homosexuality. I saw it as something I needed to suppress, control…..actually kill…….the more I tried to kill it the more harder it became ….it nearly drove me mental.

Today is a different story though. I love being gay….thats who I am….but I no longer obsess or have an addiction…..it died when I came out nearly 18 years ago.

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
January 9, 2010, 17:39

I love what you mentioned about being alone ans what it says in genesis. This is echoed by Paul later in the bible. 1Cor 7:8. he says that it is better that every person stays single, but goes on to say that if we are going to have sexual thoughts about someone then we are better off to be married then to have these thoughts burn within us.

So right here in the bible Paul is making an exception. He is saying that being single is what God wants for us, but being alone isnt suitable for everyone. So if we are going to have desires in our life then we should act on them within boundaries, in this case those boundaries are marriage.

So I see it that if we are going to be thinking thoughts inside about a guy/girl we like, isnt it better that we act on those thoughts within some form of boundary then for it to eat us up inside or act on it immorally?

Now when you put that exception paul made into the culture of that day its not that radical to think that this exception is extended to the modern day GLBT person. So when I read that scripture I read this – “I say to those who arent married, Its better to stay unmarried. But if you can’t control yourself, You should go ahead and find a partner. Its better have a partner then to Burn with Lust”.

Sorry if you think I’m just bastardising the scriptures to say what I want. But this is the message I feel God was trying to communicate here. but due to the culture/time/people involved the full message didnt get across.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 9, 2010, 22:25

no wonder people get confused ….God says its not good for man to be alone…….Paul says best if you dont get married. 😀

I think it should be more about love than lust.

Paul was writing in a day when we slaves were bought and sold for sexual partners….and women were basically property.

If you fall in love with someone…..really …..dont you want to build a relationship with them and one that would hopefully be life long.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 12, 2010, 00:16

i was just listening to a program on the ABC about the breakdown in biodiversity in the animal and plant kingdoms that eventually unless reversed will bring this world as we know it today to an end.

Funny how some christians feel that that diversity of sexuality will be the downfall of civilisation. Seems its diversity that holds it all together

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 13, 2010, 14:34

Pope slams gay marriage as ‘attack’ on creation

January 12, 2010

Pope Benedict XVI has called laws ignoring the difference between the sexes an “attack” on creation just days after Portugal moved to legalise gay marriage.

Creatures, including humans, “can be protected or endangered”, the Pope, 82, told the Vatican diplomatic corps in a traditional January address focusing mainly on environmental issues.

“One such attack comes from laws or proposals which, in the name of fighting discrimination, strike at the biological basis of the difference between the sexes,” he said, citing “certain countries in Europe or North and South America”.

Portugal’s parliament last Friday approved plans to legalise gay marriage, and a final vote could occur before a visit by the pope in May.

Also last week, two men became the first homosexual couple to legally marry in Latin America, in the southern Argentine province of Ushuaia.

“Freedom cannot be absolute,” the pontiff said.

“For man, the path to be taken cannot be determined by caprice or willfulness, but must rather correspond to the structure willed by the Creator,” he said.

AFP

http://www.smh.com.au/world/pope-slams-gay-marriage-as-attack-on-creation-20100112-m2za.html

orfeo

Joined in 2007
January 14, 2010, 12:44

So let me get this straight (if you’ll pardon the expression).

A man who has taken a lifelong vow of celibacy is accusing ME of attacking creation and endangering the species?

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 14, 2010, 12:52

Yeah good one, Orfeo! There’s some holes in his argument when you look at it like that!! 😀

oooooo

Joined in 2006
January 14, 2010, 15:09

since when are such arguments filled with common sense anyway?

very obvious and very good point orfeo

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.095 seconds.