Forums

fact or fiction ...

Page:   1 2 3 4

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 15, 2010, 18:04

Hi Tez

I know it sounds like I am just here to bag the church, I guess I am, but I am doing it for me to get a better handle on some things, because believe it or not, I am wishing intently I could return to church, every now and then I pop my head in and 9 times out of 10 WHAM I get a blow to the head by the ‘loving pastor or similar’ …

Even my non affirming mother is outraged by the stories I tell of my own experiences

and she adds to the list of those that say I should start my own church just allowing HS to do his work …

makes me wonder sometimes …

Don’t worry, Tez. I think I understand where you’re coming from. You’re someone who is passionate and needs to wrestle with things as Samuel did to really get to grips with them. I love that! And it seems to me that your underlying motivation is not to be negative but to challenge what’s happening so you can grow. I respect that too.

As for the bible college people telling you to “settle down”!! Can you imagine them telling John the Baptist that and getting away with it?!! 😀 I imagine he’d breathe fire and a few choice words onto them. hehehe Would love to see that.

We need pioneers, challengers, prophets, reformers, individualists, activists and all kinds in this world. And the ones I’ve mentioned are not the types to ‘settle down’ to a nice hot milo and the status quo! If they did, we’d be hard pressed to ever get anything done or changed for the better.

Thanks for this discussion BTW. It’s good for stretching my brain.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

oooooo

Joined in 2006
December 16, 2010, 21:00

i had this thought today during a 5 hour drive to buy some bantams ducks LOL

I wonder if it would be worth having a new thread/discussion and offering the space for people to share the ridiculous and hurtful things people have said to people over the years connected with church etc???

Again this is not to bag church and show how idiotic they all are … but to show those that were hurt by people that they were/are not alone, they were not necessarily ‘not of god’ or whatever the comment was … and perhaps we could have a good old laugh at the silly comments that were made to us … I have had a few that is for sure, and not just on homosexuality issues so I would immediately be able to open the discussion to more than just “… gay is evil you are going to hell … ” type comments …

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.