Forums

Many fears

Page:   1 2 3 4

Bathsheeba

Joined in 2012
September 22, 2012, 17:13

Hi

I am a bisexual man who has only accepted himself since May 2012. I am rejected and bullied by many, including my own family. I am desperate to meet other LGBTI in the faith community but don't know where to begin connecting with churches because I appear effeminate.

J

Joined in 2012
September 22, 2012, 18:51

Hey Bathsheeba, welcome to Freedom2b

I don't know your personal story, but I can relate to being bullied. I was bullied all throughout high school and was that one guy sitting in a corner eating my lunch every day by myself for almost 2 years. I know what it's like to hear people talk behind your back and say nasty things too.

You'll find a lot of great people and support here at F2B.

Now I personally don't know much about bisexuality, however other members here will know a lot more though, so they will be of much greater help, but rest assured there is a wide spectrum of sexuality and that you're not alone. It's awesome that you have finally come to accept yourself too, it's a liberating feeling indeed!

Wish I could be more helpful, but hopefully other members will have some answers for ya

Blessings,

Jordan

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 22, 2012, 20:54

Hi Bathsheeba

Welcome to f2b! 🙂 How did you hear about us?

As Jordan said, there are lots of people here who have been where you are. And then they have found support and their lives have changed for the better. It really does get better so don't give up. You are in a good place here so feel free to read others' stories and have a look at our resources in the Support section.

Regarding finding other supports for you, which country are you in?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Amila

Joined in 2012
September 22, 2012, 23:12

Hey Bathsheeba,

Welcome to F2b… Im really glad that you found this website.. I've met so many nice people here that have helped me out in many ways. Im sure that there are more bisexual men on this website that can give you more advice on your situation.

We are all here for you. 🙂

God bless you

Amila

Bathsheeba

Joined in 2012
September 24, 2012, 12:16

Thankyou soooo much to those who replied to my post. I don't feel so alone now. The topic of bisexuality can be confusing for some or we are seen as confused or dishonest. I am neither. I have been a Christian in the closet all my life and only came out to myself in May this year. I intend to try the Metro church in Richmond. I feel lonely and ostracised. I intend to study psychology at Monash uni next year. I will be a mature age student since I am 48. I will definitely be coming to the next Melb f2b catch up.

Apart from f2b meetings, where else I can go to meet LGBTI Christians?

God bless you all.

Dan

Amila

Joined in 2012
September 25, 2012, 10:32

I'm glad you don't feel as lonely as you felt earlier Dan. It's really nice to meet you.. Be strong and keep walking with your chin up 🙂

Hope you find more people who can relate to your situation and help you out.. Til then we are here for you.. 🙂

God Bless you

Amila

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 25, 2012, 17:45

Hi Dan

You said:

I will definitely be coming to the next Melb f2b catch up…Apart from f2b meetings, where else I can go to meet LGBTI Christians?

f2b meetings are a great start and the group is a lovely, welcoming one so feel free to send a Private Message to Michelle who runs the group with partner, Linda. She will be glad to be in contact with you and make you feel comfortable about attending. 🙂

What style of church service or denomination do you prefer?

I know you mentioned that you were going to visit the Metropolitan in Richmond. Does age group matter to you? I ask because many years ago I went to Metro and they were mostly a very elderly group albeit a delightful bunch of people.:)

Here is a list of gay friendly churches and supports from this site. It is by no means exhaustive but will give you somewhere to start.

http://www.freedom2b.org/support/faith-religion/

I noticed from the above list that Collins Street Baptist isn't included although I heard some very encouraging things from their assistant minister on a TV program the other day about her support for same sex equality. It made me want to check out their church (which is significant for me as I haven't wanted to check out any church for a while). So that's another idea for you.

You could also contact The Gay Christian Network via: http://www.gaychristian.net

http://www.gaychristian.net/local/australia.php

Here is a list of welcoming gay friendly churches from their website.

http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Church/foriegn_nations/australia.htm

I'm not sure if The Gay Christian Network have groups in Australia but you could contact them and find out. http://www.gaychristian.net/community/gcn_groups_list.php

We used to have some people here who were also associated with this group but I haven't heard from them for a while. If anyone knows about The Gay Christian Network and their involvement in Australia, and if anything is happening in Melbourne, please let us know.

Hope that helps.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
September 25, 2012, 19:11

Hey Ann, I have an account on GCN, I'll ask them about meetings/conferences in Melbourne, Australia.

~Jordan

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
September 25, 2012, 20:26

Hi Dan,

Welcome to freedom2b. I hope you find these forums and the chapter meetings a great place of support and encouragement. 🙂

As others have said, I want to encourage you to head to the next chapter meeting in Melbourne. There are many people there who can connect you with a welcoming church or community organisation that's right for you.

Ben

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
September 26, 2012, 22:18

Hi Dan,

I've had issue signing in grrr, all sorted now so sorry for my late welcome. But a huge welcome to F2B. You are so brave and courageous to make the first step in posting on this forum. It is an awesome place. Like others have said try and get to a F2B meeting they are great. Very friendly and welcoming group of people.

God Bless

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.088 seconds.