Forums

Never in my wildest dreams: Journey of a boi 19 to a man 40

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
December 14, 2008, 21:10

Healing, Peace and Love……how simple yet profound and powerful

Yes indeed, and they are not exclusively Christian principles, but are Universal in their nature 😀 regardless of faith or denomination. Everyone in the GLBTIQ community has the right to experience these at some point in their journey.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
December 14, 2008, 21:31

At the risk of uh… overreacting 😆 😆 Can I just point out that concepts like peace, healing and love are determined generally more by context and the individual than by any kind of universal definition. Indeed. ex-gay groups use healing as one of their founding principals and Im sure love is in there too somewhere. And yet alot of people leave needing healing from the “healing”.

I just think its interesting the way opposing ideas and philosophies can use the same concepts but with totally different outlooks and results. It means you need a really specific definiton of what they each mean for you in your life because as you are already aware its not universal and different people see it differently

Nope, pretty sure that wasn’t overreacting… 😉

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
December 14, 2008, 23:08

At the risk of uh… overreacting 😆 😆 Can I just point out that concepts like peace, healing and love are determined generally more by context and the individual than by any kind of universal definition.

Generally agreed, and I’ll clarify so you have a better idea of my context 😉 As a gay Christian, I see so much and have experienced a lot of discrimination and bigotry towards minorities such as the GLBTIQ community. The concepts of Healing, Peace and Love can (and should in my personal opinion) act as a type of bridge to bring people of different backgrounds together in mutual friendship and respect for each other. In a simple Christian way, love your neighbour as you would yourself 😀 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 15, 2008, 09:40

treating others the way I would like to be treated myself has become central to the way I try and interact with others since I genuinely began to love and accept myself.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
July 11, 2009, 14:10

Hi all, I thought I’d post an update on my journey thus far …

It’s been just over a year since I started participating in Freedom2b[e], and during that time I have connected with many GLBT friends. can also honestly say that my understanding of GLBT issues has greatly increased my appreciation for those of us who champion equality and acceptance amongst the wider community and in the churches.

I have also come to appreciate that being double-minded about things doesn’t really get me anywhere … much 🙂 It’s also not scriptural 😛 But it’s great to know that I can make a difference in peoples lives, and that God accepts me and my sexual orientation no matter what.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 11, 2009, 16:37

Thats great Mobileguy 😀 its a wonderful place to get to and so good that you see yourself as acceptable and important plus we also need you here 😉 and the great work you are doing. All of us are vital in making a difference no matter where we are 😀

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 13, 2009, 14:57

thats very encouraging mobilegiuy……does the username mobileguy mean you will move a lot…. 😆 😆 😆

its always very rewarding to observe peoples journeys…..you are doing well. Funny you should mention the double minded thing….I often quote that myself….and feel that it is something I’ve been experiencing myself for way tooooo long.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
July 14, 2009, 20:09

thats very encouraging mobilegiuy……does the username mobileguy mean you will move a lot…. 😆 😆 😆

Not if I can help it 😉 I’ve been moving around now for too long. It’s time to settle in one place and enjoy life and all it has to offer 8)

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
October 5, 2009, 17:07

Today I went on a journey to a far, far away place … and something wonderful happened … I realised for possibly the first time … that the journey is part of the destination … it was like a microcosm of selected life experiences … people speaking in foreign languages (where have I heard that before 😉 ) … identifying significant milestones along the way … places I’d been to before in my earlier childhood … the whole (train) journey was nearly as good (if not as good) as the destination itself …

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 5, 2009, 17:10

interesting experience and revelation by the sound of it mobileguy

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.084 seconds.