Forums

Notifications/subscriptions to threads and bugs on the new site

Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 28, 2009, 11:26

have you noticed a difference from the previous and the new site.

on the previous site when you posted you automatically recived email notifcations when another person posted after you.

Currently on this site you have to check the subscribe box at the bottom of the thread to recieve notifications.

I was wondering why I didn’t know what was going on.

I’ve asked Chris to look into have the same feature on this site particularly since people post for the first time and might not be aware that people have responded as they dont know how to use the forum or come back regularly.

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
December 28, 2009, 20:11

i’ve noticed that even when a new post is made the icon wont change for a while. I was checking out the site looking for new posts and just looking at the icons to see if there was any. three days later it changed and there was three days of posts I had to catch up on. now I check overy page even if the icon displays otherwise.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 28, 2009, 21:25

mmmmmm….not sure what is causing that.

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
December 28, 2009, 23:30

There’s still quite a few things in need of smoothing out behind the scenes…

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 30, 2009, 13:55

thanks Chris

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 30, 2009, 14:02

hey Chris…..there might be some regular users of the forum who notice some bugs……would you like then to post them here so you are aware of them and can check them out when you get a chance.

I just noticed that on the main forums page there wasn’t the star to notify me of the new posts…..but when I went into discussion then stars were on the threads with newly added comments.

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
December 30, 2009, 15:45

Yes, I think that’s what hereiam is talking about. [EDIT] – now fixed, too.

And we may as well keep the bug reports in one place for convenience. Here is as good a place as any!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 30, 2009, 23:18

good idea….will change the title.

Ciar

Joined in 2009
December 31, 2009, 12:27

Have noticed, if you have put a link to another place in the forum in a discussion, it doesn’t work. Says the link is temporarily unavailable, and takes you back to the forum home page.

The external links that you use to have regarding christianity and homosexuality (ie the blue book etc) are no longer on the site. I thought they were really helpful.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
December 31, 2009, 15:07

Have noticed, if you have put a link to another place in the forum in a discussion, it doesn’t work. Says the link is temporarily unavailable, and takes you back to the forum home page.

I’ve just noticed this issue too … tried clicking on a link to another forum topic and it just redirected me back to the Forum Home page …

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.179 seconds.