Forums

Party party party mentality

Page:   1 2 3 4

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 31, 2008, 17:25

shoot me down in flames Sandy if i have this wrong……but doesn’t the average lesbian have more testosterone that the average heterosexual woman and the average gay man have more estrogen than the average hetero man.

I’m sure I’ve read that in the research i’ve gone through.

Mind you….often going to an all male gay venue and a lesbian venue one can actually feel the male and female energy…..and I think you know that I’m talking about female energy in the gay male venue…and visa versa

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 31, 2008, 18:20

Personally, I am so estrogen dominant its thru the roof and so is my partner, hence the probs with endometriosis but I have known women who I could smell that “man” smell on 😯 definately testosterone dominant.

Women can have an over abundance of progesterone and be quite hairy and it usually couples with testosterone being quite high, ever wonder why Grandma suddenly gets more facial hair with age 😯 , its estrogen dropping away.

At the midnight shift tho Anthony, last time I was there (upstairs) it was Testosterone Dominant biggggggg time 😆

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 31, 2008, 18:33

shoot me down in flames Sandy if i have this wrong……but doesn’t the average lesbian have more testosterone that the average heterosexual woman and the average gaestrogeny man have more estrogen than the average hetero man.

Ah I’ll save my flaminng arrows for another day, Satan cuts me a good deal. 😆 😆

There have been… how do I put this…. suggestions… that gays have more female sex hormones (not just estrogen) and lesbians more testosterone but as with all these things the evidence is not conclusive. *shrugs* it wouldn’t surprise me if it were true though, it does explain alot.

I don’t know whether I’d call it an energy but I do understand what you mean. I’ve been to many a bar where the women stand around trying to ‘out butch’ each other. I have to wonder though if its innate of if its just playing up to the roles they think they should have. The funny thing about it is, in my experience, women have it far easier at least nowadays because they have more options. No one bats an eyelid if a lesbian wears a skirt because they just assume she is femme and yet the masculine gender identity in lesbians is still accepted as well. I don’t think gay men have as many options, its like everyone expects them to be… how did you put it… screamers and flappers?

For me, what makes the hormone suggestion dubious is its limited effects. So estrogen creates male shoppers with slightly higher voices (for example) and testosterone makes short haired, dress buring women. Why wouldn’t it make say a more emotionally resiliant woman (co-dependancy is still a major factor in lesbian relationships of all kinds) or a less sex driven man? (since women are less sex driven… generally 😉 ) Hormones are major factors in both these things so the added hormones should have a wider ranging effect. Maybe there is a hormone imbalance that is very small so unlikely to make heaps of difference and the rest is made up via social gay norms??

Oh and BTW, if anyone is up for a good laugh look up Frued’s theories on homosexuality, i. e. men have castration anxiety and women have penis envy 😆 😆 Ah I read too much, I need a life but seriously… who knew science could be so amusing?

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 31, 2008, 19:08

screamers and flappers?

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

men have castration anxiety and women have penis envy

OMG 🙄 …….there is nooooooo wayyyyyyy I envy a man having an added extra, I wouldnt know what to do with it, probably try and tuck it away somewhere 😯

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 31, 2008, 19:18

OMG …….there is nooooooo wayyyyyyy I envy a man having an added extra, I wouldnt know what to do with it, probably try and tuck it away somewhere

Oh I could make sooooo many strap-on jokes right now but its too easy. I’ll just smile that secret “you don’t know what you are missing” smile and let this one go, nope, no comment from me. 😆 😆 😆

When you have a spare five hours (because I’m sure you do) try reading Frued’s ‘The Psychogenesis of a Case of Homosexuality in a Woman’ written in 1920. If anything it will convince you not to belive everything written by psychology or science. I may start a thread on it if I’m not the only person in the entire universe who has actually read it.

I actually thought the castration anxiety was funnier… I mean come on… gay men having nightmares about a blackhooded figure with an axe glinting in the darkness and a bag full off chopped off… uh so anyway… 😳 😆 😆 Who gets anxious about THAT?! I mean its not like it could happen by accident!

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 1, 2008, 09:59

Oh golly, strap-on jokes 8) Actually never heard any as yet. 😯

Didnt they have some B-grade movie about some nut hunting for mens bits? 🙄 Freud was interesting but a little whacky with some things, like dreaming of trains meant you were sexually frustrated or something such 😕

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
November 1, 2008, 14:13

All this scary talk about Freud, hormones etc etc ughhh it’s enough to turn a gay man str8! 😳 😯 Just give me a good party to go to 😉 😆

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 1, 2008, 16:36

LOL 😆

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 2, 2008, 23:51

another thing that adds to the hormone theory is the body shape thing….once again….on average lesbians are closer to male shape characteristics than the heterosexual sisters and gay men more female shape attributes than their heterosexual brothers.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 3, 2008, 07:22

Gees then theres a lot of Lesbians in the country/semi country towns 😯

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.077 seconds.