Forums

Perth boy

Page:   1 2

twisted

Joined in 2013
March 2, 2013, 23:24

Hi my name is Daniel

My story is that I'm gay have been since I've remembered but really only came out to 2 years ago.. In Perth we have a thing called Shed Happens a meeting once a month of men where 3 guys get up a speak of what their battle is, well I thought it would be a good idea that this was the best time to come out aswell as getting straight Christian guys to understand.. The night I talked there was 500 guys.. To this day I can't believe I did it.. To my surprise I was not only accepted but 2 years on I still have guys coming to me for advice etc… You'd think I'd be happy but I'm not I'm still alone and many believe that gods plan is for me to have a wife.. I haven't told my parents as they are Christian but live in Ireland now I feel at 37 that I need to release myself and tell my family.. But coming out to so many first i still feel I'm living half a life… Any how I'm still a happy guy just looking to what next…

Graham Douglas-Meyer

Joined in 2009
March 4, 2013, 01:14

Hi Daniel,

it was great to catch up with you at church this evening. It will be good to see you for coffee sometime over the next month in a less intense environment; there are some great coffee shops in Mount Lawley.

It will also be great to have you come along to the next f2b meeting on April 5. Feel free to invite anyone else you know who you think might be interested in, or benefit from attending.

Take care

Graham

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
March 4, 2013, 20:46

Welcome Daniel 🙂

Thank you for sharing some of your story with us on the forum. To come out to family, or not, or to know the right time can be difficult. Anyone who is part of our community can tell you of their experiences (some of which you can read if you like) and they all will have different ideas!

What you have achieved, for yourself thus far, is great! The group you are already a part of sounds very supportive and the fact you are helping others is always rewarding.

I'm glad to hear you have made contact with Graham, from our Perth chapter. If you do get the opportunity to visit a meeting that would be terrific and I'm sure you will enjoy it 🙂

Warm regards

Michelle

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 6, 2013, 05:40

Hi Daniel

Welcome to f2b and thank you for sharing some of your story here. 🙂

It was very, very brave of you to come out to so many people like you did. This will stand you in good stead when coming out to others later as you are ready. Some have found that writing a letter is a good way to put their thoughts and feelings down and convey what is needed without emotion getting in the way which can happen when trying to come out verbally. It can also give both parties space and time to process the news. Ben wrote an excellent letter to his parents some time ago and this was not only well received by them but others have adapted the general layout for their own letters. Here's the link for you to check out if you like. http://www.freedom2b.org/forums/coming-out-to-christian-parents-t188/

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

twisted

Joined in 2013
March 6, 2013, 20:40

I've actually copied his letter in an email ill send sometime soon.. Will edit to suit my situation but that letter was like he was reading my mind it was freaky…

jayg

Joined in 2012
March 6, 2013, 21:05

Quote from twisted on March 6, 2013, 8:40 pm

I've actually copied his letter in an email ill send sometime soon.. Will edit to suit my situation but that letter was like he was reading my mind it was freaky…

Hey there from one Perthian to another ! 🙂

One of the things that I learnt with letters as the one ur embarking on, sometimes its not the first copy u've done its about the sixth or seventh one… but thats just me !

I missed March's f2be perth meeting but should be there for the April one…

Jay

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
March 7, 2013, 11:03

Hi Daniel,

Welcome from me too 🙂 Totally agree with the other's you are very courageous for the steps you have taken so far, well done 🙂 You mention you are still feel alone, maybe that will change when you come out to your parents and you are free to truly be yourself.

My son is gay and came out to my husband and I over 2 yrs ago, like Ben's parents we are very supportive and accepting of our son. He should speak for himself but from my perspective I would have to say he is more relaxed, happier, open and freer to be himself in all aspects of his life. He is no longer hiding a part of himself from his family or the world. I hope you also get that same feeling when you come out.

If you haven't yet, read the many stories on this site of other's coming out, even though nerve racking at the time for people, many have also had positive responses from family and friends.

I know you would be more than welcome to use the F2B site as a sounding board if you should feel the need to do so.

God Bless

Dragunov

Joined in 2013
March 8, 2013, 12:32

Wow, I think very few of us would have the courage to come out to a crowd of 500!

twisted

Joined in 2013
March 9, 2013, 19:33

Yeah neither did I… But something came over me and god gave me the strength to do it.. Was surprised at the positive reaction myself..

stan

Joined in 2012
May 4, 2013, 02:38

It was good to meet you tonight Daniel. Thank you for being so friendly and welcoming. I cannot tell you how good it was for me to meet up with gay men and women in a safe non-sleazy environment. Being able to be upfront and honest about my sexuality was like breathing fresh air for the first time in ages. I was suffocating and I didn't know it. Thanks Perth members. See you next month.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.115 seconds.