Forums

PLEASE I NEED MORE: In one or two sentences......how has Freedom 2 b[e] helped you.

Page:   1 2 3 4

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
April 12, 2011, 21:57

Freedom 2 b[e] has saved my life and given me a reason to have hope again.

Freedom 2 b[e] is my family, my community and my cause. I know that together we are saving lives!!

Jayindieburg

Joined in 2008
April 13, 2011, 04:11

Freedom 2 b[e] has been an anchor for me as I’ve been able to find myself, grow and learn, and become ME!! Thank you AVB and staff of Freedom 2 b[e] for being so welcoming and warm. You’ve made a difference in my life from all away around the world.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 13, 2011, 09:41

Reading these makes me feel like we need like buttons on all posts and stroiries :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

April 13, 2011, 11:17

By supporting me at whatever point I am in my life. Helping me to accept myself. I no longer have thoughts of suicide or self harm 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 13, 2011, 18:35

this is great Sophia……a very different place to what your wrote on my blog exactly 12 months ago.

I relate to most of what you say here…a few times I have thought it would be easier to kill myself and have tried hard to do this, ending up in hospital more than once…there has to be a better way 🙁 April 22, 2010

April 13, 2011, 18:41

Wow I had forgotten about that 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 13, 2011, 18:46

obviously I hadn’t :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 14, 2011, 12:51

we have nearly 1000 registered users on Freedom 2 b[e] over 200 have told their story here…..and nearly 4000 visits a month.

We have to have helped more than 8 people surely. :O

Boi70

Joined in 2007
April 14, 2011, 15:49

It is a bit longer than a few sentences. But happy for you to use bits of it, if not the whole thing. 🙂

• Initially, back in 2007, I was glad to find Freedom2Be because I found out I was not the only pentecostal christian who was gay, and I had found christians who were able to reconcile being GLBTI and christian. I knew I wasn’t alone, and that I could talk about my very real concerns and the issues I was working through and the conflicts within myself about being gay and not only be someone from a christian background – but keeping something of my faith in God, even if I had no interest in walking back into a church.

• After several years, and now understanding myself better as a gay man, I have begun a journey of reconnecting more with God, without any guilt / shame stopping me acknowledging his presence or talking to him again, and not thinking that he has turned away from me.

• And today, I am ready to support others who are working through many of the same or even different issues within their lives, with being GLBTI and from a pentecostal, evangelical background.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 14, 2011, 17:11

thanks Boi70……well said now see if you can reduce that into a powerful one or two sentences……go on…..I know you can do it. 🙂 🙂 🙂

think brief testimonial that would speak to anyone who is visiting this site for the first time…….we will have a series of one or two liners from individuals. And of course Freedom 2 b[e] is not just the forum…..its the chapters…..MG……connecting face to face with others.

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.129 seconds.