Forums

PLEASE I NEED MORE: In one or two sentences......how has Freedom 2 b[e] helped you.

Page:   1 2 3 4

Boi70

Joined in 2007
April 14, 2011, 19:32

It is a bit longer than a few sentences. But happy for you to use bits of it, if not the whole thing. 🙂

• Initially, back in 2007, I was glad to find Freedom2Be because I found out I was not the only pentecostal christian who was gay, and I had found christians who were able to reconcile being GLBTI and christian. I knew I wasn’t alone, and that I could talk about my very real concerns and the issues I was working through and the conflicts within myself about being gay and not only be someone from a christian background – but keeping something of my faith in God, even if I had no interest in walking back into a church.

• After several years, and now understanding myself better as a gay man, I have begun a journey of reconnecting more with God, without any guilt / shame stopping me acknowledging his presence or talking to him again, and not thinking that he has turned away from me.

• And today, I am ready to support others who are working through many of the same or even different issues within their lives, with being GLBTI and from a pentecostal, evangelical background.

Here you go, AVB…

• Found F2B where I could talk with others who are GLBTI and Christian

• Found out that God hadn’t turned his back on me – even if I was both Gay and Christian

• Part of a supportive and inclusive forum for GLBTI and Christian people

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 14, 2011, 20:52

LIKE BUTTON AGAIN

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
April 14, 2011, 21:59

Finding freedom2be, meant discovering that I was not alone. It opened doors to new friendships and new ideas and truly gave me a new confidence, strength and hope as I worked through the difficult process of coming out.

smith

Joined in 2006
April 14, 2011, 23:01

Freedom 2b(e) has helped me in a journey of acceptance when I realised that my brother was gay. They are the only organisation ( that I am aware of) that assists people from Pentecostal backgrounds and it has really helped me to be supported by a group that understands this context.

Freedom 2b(e) also gave me the opportunity to be able to be reconciled with a long term friend and has helped us both to talk about her sexuality after 10 years of not knowing what to say . I have finally been able to be an affirming friend rather than just an accepting friend . 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 15, 2011, 02:33

Finding freedom2be, meant discovering that I was not alone. It opened doors to new friendships and new ideas and truly gave me a new confidence, strength and hope as I worked through the difficult process of coming out.

great….thanks

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 15, 2011, 02:34

Freedom 2b(e) has helped me in a journey of acceptance when I realised that my brother was gay. They are the only organisation ( that I am aware of) that assists people from Pentecostal backgrounds and it has really helped me to be supported by a group that understands this context.

Freedom 2b(e) also gave me the opportunity to be able to be reconciled with a long term friend and has helped us both to talk about her sexuality after 10 years of not knowing what to say . I have finally been able to be an affirming friend rather than just an accepting friend . 🙂

thats pretty special…….thanks.

wonderful to hear from our straight friends and supporters. 🙂 🙂 🙂

MarcSteel

Joined in 2011
April 16, 2011, 00:58

Freedom 2 b[e] has given my voice back in a way I can not only be honest to myself, but honest to my family, friends, colleagues, and the most significant person; Jesus!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 16, 2011, 10:36

thanks Marc

Roger

Joined in 2010
April 16, 2011, 14:12

“Freedom to be is leading the way for GLBT people to connect and share. The informative, loving and open forums have comforted me, in time of despair, over and over again”

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 16, 2011, 14:57

Love it Roger….thanks

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.084 seconds.