Forums

religious views

Page:   1 2 3 4 5

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 19, 2007, 14:39

Yeh too true Maggie B, Paul kindve nailed it on the head didnt he. wink

I think its great to have a blog of what you discover(yet to read that D ), I doubt you would come across as trying to say that it is “the only truth” wink

I just think without questions, we dont get answers, without being challenged, we dont endeavour to search out further and with some things we just arrive at a place that we say “ok, I give up, cant work it out, I just trust and keep going, let God deal with it”

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 19, 2007, 15:47

can I add a bit of humor here please.

the problem with all this I find is that now I’ve changed many of my previously fond held beliefs I realise that previously I was wrong. So before I thought I was right I was actually wrong so that means now I not only think I’m right I know I’m right.

was that funny………. 😆 😆 😆 ……actually I dont think it worked it all and possibly didn’t even make sense…..must have just been funny in my own mind.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 19, 2007, 16:01

lol lol lol lol lol OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Sounds almost like chesterton lol

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 19, 2007, 16:22

😆 I thought it was funny!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 19, 2007, 19:55

maybe i have a new calling as a comedian 😆

Sandy

Joined in 2007
November 19, 2007, 20:05

Think the joke has gone over my head… Huh? To me that sentence didn’t make a whole lot of sense…

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 19, 2007, 20:28

Then you got it wink it doesnt but it does then it doesnt but it does etc….. wink

Sandy

Joined in 2007
November 19, 2007, 20:30

Oh… err ok then… whatever. 😕

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 19, 2007, 20:46

I’ll try not to be so crytic next time. 😆

bec_oz

Joined in 2006
November 21, 2007, 07:13

My views did change after doing the studies – I felt like I had unleashed God/Christianity from the four walls I was taught they belonged in.

I grew up in this hardcore ‘Christian’ household where bum and fluff were swear words that would leave me feeling guilty for weeks [should I have dared to actually say one of them :)] but I was never once taught the meaning of grace…

When I realised not everything in my pocket-sized NIV was as it seemed, Christianity became all the more real to me – I needed Christ in my life and I was no longer restricted by words and other ppl’s interpretations – I was free to seek God without feeling guilty about things I had no control over – and that was huge!

Page:   1 2 3 4 5

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.07 seconds.