Forums

Retired/ Former Baptist Pastor/married/gay/not out

Page:   1 2

davidt

Joined in 2009
November 6, 2009, 11:25

The Lord found me in 1961. I only wanted men teachers from Grade 2 in school and I put on such a tantrum about it, I got them every year in Primary School after that. God called me to the ministry and the mission field, but I resigned after a few years because I knew they believed I was unacceptable as a person because I was gay. I underwent aversion therapy using electronic “punishments” to try to “cure” me. It didn’t work, but those electronic temperature tests did prove I am gay. Nothing anyone can do can alter the outcome of those tests. Having a gay orientation is definitely not a choice. Heterosexual marriage definitely doesn’t “cure” you either. I do not practice my homosexuality.

I was very determined to find out what the Bible actually said about homosexuality and I was amazed with what I found. I used exactly the same lexicons as I had used during 6 years in Bible College and Theological College. I wrote a paper on the topic and it was published on the web in the US. In the first month, 7700 sent in emails to the publisher about it and 90% or 7000 agreed with me. 350 gays said they planned to commit suicide over this and had decided against it. Many families were reunited. I have learned not to underestimate what God can do.

After I left the ministry, I qualified as an accountant and worked for a very large company most of my life. From an employer point of view, I have seen with other gay employees that coming out is not always a good idea, no matter what their discrimination policy says. We need to ask ourselves “Who needs to know?”

I will never come out. My friend, no matter what happens, no matter what people say, God loves you, He really does.

sman

Joined in 2009
November 6, 2009, 11:57

Hi thanks for being open with us here on Freedom 2 be. I was wondering if you would be able to share your paper at all? I ask only if you would feel comfortable to. Ive never met anyone who went through Aversion therapy using shock therapy. You hear that it did happen but Ive never rad of anyone who has been through it.

Again thank you for sharing, an insight into peoples lives I dont take lightly and count it a blessing. You show that through all God loves and thats a great message of hope.

davidt

Joined in 2009
November 6, 2009, 12:09

Hi Shane

Thanks for your comments and glad to meet you. The aversion therapy really hurt let me assure you. After that, I promised myself I would never lie to myself about the fact I was gay again.

I would be happy to share my paper. I have included a sample of those emails at the end. They make very moving reading.

My purpose in joining Freedon (2)be is not necessarily to share my paper but just to encourage others and be encouraged.

Is it OK to post a website where the paper can be read? I am not sure of the policy on this.

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
November 6, 2009, 12:14

David, please feel free to go ahead and post the link.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 6, 2009, 12:19

hi Davidt…….you are so welcome here….I sense a very gracious and sensitive spirit. we keep a very respectful space here. I’m sure you will feel at home.

would love you to post a link to your article…..it sounds fascinating.

Here is what I suggest you do.

in the discussion section….start a new topic….gives a little intro to the article like you’ve done here…..and the link so we can find it on the net.

then people will be able to add comments to the new thread.

BTW…..how did you find us?

davidt

Joined in 2009
November 6, 2009, 14:08

Hi Anthony

Many thanks for the reply. I first heard of you in Rowland Crowcher’s JMM website. This is where I have my article posted. I will do what you suggest a little later, showing the link to his site.

I believe we have a great deal in common my friend. It would be great to meet you someday, but getting away from my role as a carer here is very hard. Still the Lord knows.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 6, 2009, 16:51

totally understand……good to have you with us.

I also have several articles on rowlands site

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 8, 2009, 06:22

Hi David

Welcome!! Thank you so much for being here and sharing your story.

I second what AVB has said about this being a respectful space where people are able to hold various views and feel safe and supported.

I’m also interested to know how you’ve come to this site now and what drew you here.

I look forward to hearing more.

All the best,

Ann Maree

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 8, 2009, 12:15

Welcome to the forums, David. It’s great to see you here and to hear your story. I’ve read your article on the discussion forum. It’s very interesting.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 8, 2009, 14:59

Welcome to the forums, David. It’s great to see you here and to hear your story. I’ve read your article on the discussion forum. It’s very interesting.

…..and extensive…..well thought out….and researched.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.075 seconds.