Forums

What if we are wrong?

Page:   1 2 3

lover_in_aus

Joined in 2012
May 13, 2012, 12:13

James 2:

8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

Discuss

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 13, 2012, 18:54

Hi lover_in_aus

Maybe you can start the discussion with what this passage means to you and your reason for posting it.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
May 14, 2012, 12:15

Sorry I don't really get what you are trying to say. As Ann Maree said, starting it off with what it means to you and why you are posting this would be helpful and encourage more people to discuss it than just quoting scripture and then saying discuss.

God Bless

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 16, 2012, 14:46

cryptic post lover in aus…….no one can respond till you create some meaning to the text you have quoted and the subject line. I can't see any connection. 🙁

Brunski

Joined in 2005
May 16, 2012, 22:07

Hi lover_in_aus,

How are you? I'm with the others, I'm a bit confused as what your point is here, what is it that you are trying to convey?

But I am with you with the subject question, what if we are wrong? that is a question I have asked of this forum and of those who believe homosexuality is not a sin and that the Bible doesn't condemn it. That the Bible has been mistranslated and so on … what if we are wrong?

Do you think we are wrong Lover_in_aus?

Bruski

Sophia Chokhmah

Joined in 2011
May 17, 2012, 13:44

Brunski, we have no idea if the subject heading has anything to do with homosexuality though. It just says, "what if we are wrong?"…. Um, wrong about what? And how does that relate to the original post? 🙂

lover_in_aus

Joined in 2012
May 17, 2012, 16:33

Sorry guys. I have been busy with countless assessments. Man I hate TAFE. The bolding of the text wasn't suppose to occur. Sorry about that. So what does the Scripture mean to me? Well firstly it brings up questions for me. What is this whole law and does this law include the teaching of practicing of the homosexuality lifestyle (and yes I will use that term)?

8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 17, 2012, 17:18

Hi lover_in_aus

You said:

Well firstly it brings up questions for me. What is this whole law and does this law include the teaching of practicing of the homosexuality lifestyle (and yes I will use that term)?

And what do you think? It would be helpful if you say more in order to engage discussion. And what is a "homosexuality lifestyle"?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Sophia Chokhmah

Joined in 2011
May 17, 2012, 18:10

I agree with Ann Maree. I have to say I am as unclear about what you are trying to say as I was to start with. Also the way I see it there are as many homosexual lifestyles as there are homosexuals, in fact every individual person has a different lifestyle as the next person does. What in your opinion is the "homosexual lifestyle" then?

Brunski

Joined in 2005
May 20, 2012, 11:46

I agree with Ann Maree and you as well Sophia, I am also still a little bit unclear, as Pauline Hanson would say, "Please explain" lol

You are totally right Sophia, every individual person has a different lifestyle as the next person does. But is there really such a thing as a "homosexual lifestyle" ? I use to think there was, but I now strongly believe that there is no such thing. What do others think?

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.079 seconds.